What over the counter soap do you use?

chuckstang

Established Member
-I have been using the cheap stuff and then use the mothers soap in a spray bottle thing for the tough spots. Would it make any difference to use meguires or mothers car soap over the cheap blue corral stuff? I always go over my car with instant shine after I wash it so that is probably why I just use the cheap soap.

-One more question... I noticed that after I apply meguires tire dressing with an applicator, it looks great but as soon as I take it for a spin I see all these little black marks all over my paint and until so one told me it was my tire dressing, I really never gave it a second thought. Any way to avoid this or is there a better tire dressing?

thanks alot ahah I know Im asking alot here

NXGHOST

Established Member
I don't find the Blue Corral so bad. Other (Better) soaps will have more lifting ability, slickness and suds.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
I use NXT and Eagle One Wet wash
NXT is just as good as most botique soaps. the only one i think tops NXT is Top Of The Lines Bubble Bath. Megs Gold Class is another Favorite.

Juiced-03

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
I use NXT and Eagle One Wet wash
NXT is just as good as most botique soaps. the only one i think tops NXT is Top Of The Lines Bubble Bath. Megs Gold Class is another Favorite.

I'd have to agree with you. I bought a gallon of the TOL Bubble Bath and I like it better than NXT. The problem with NXT is that it seems to strip off some of the wax/sealant on my car and take away the slickness of the paint. It has great cleaning ability and lubricity though!

Another good one you can find locally is Duragloss. It can be found at Napa and some PepBoys. Eagle One Wet Wash is effective and cheap as well, but perhaps a bit too harsh on the paint like NXT.

I have yet to try my Tropi-Care wash sample but as soon as I do I will write a full review. Here are my top favorites:

TOL Bubble Bath Wash
NXT
Poorboy's Super Slick and Suds

I have heard good things about Tropi-Care, 1Z Perls, and the Zaino Z7 wash.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Gold - class is hands down the best over the counter wash.
if you want a really good soap go with poorboy's i beleive Poorboy's is at the top of the detail chain and growing with its famous products.

the Tropi-care wash is almost as good as the SSS Poorboy's but not as concentrated. dont forget. Cheap soap is good to use when washing your rims/tired. This way you dont waste the expensive soap on tires. Works for me.
Spot.gif

chuckstang

Established Member
I just have been using the cheap stuff because I heard it wont strip your wax. Im gona try megs gold class.
Oh and what tire dressing do you all use and how do you apply it???????
thx

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I just have been using the cheap stuff because I heard it wont strip your wax. Im gona try megs gold class.
thx
I use:
Megs High Endurance
Poorboys Bold N Bright
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel
and my new Favorite:
Top Of The Line Grape Dressing.
I use a Eagle One Tire Swipe. (Link)

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
chuckstang said:
thx

best over the counter Meguiar's High Endurance gloss

Ultimate shine = BnB Poorboy's Non greasy formula

best applicator. = plastic Sponge applicator (the ones you buy for your leather shoes. ) Becasue it has a cap and a plastic holder. I have had mine for 3 years and works great with the tire dressing. Just wash the greasy stuff off and apply your product. :rockon:

chuckstang

Established Member
is that pinaccle stuff over the counter? What tire dressing is best that you can just get from the store? I like the way my megs looks but it ends up all over the side of my car after I go for a spin.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
chuckstang said:
is that pinaccle stuff over the counter? What tire dressing is best that you can just get from the store? I like the way my megs looks but it ends up all over the side of my car after I go for a spin.
no, its on-line. for OTC, i recomment High Endurance or Megs Hot Shine

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
BMW Wash from the BMW Dealership Parts Desk. This is the same product as P21S Body Work Shampoo, but is orange instead of green, and you get a larger bottle for a similar price. It works very well, and does not strip wax.

~Darren

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Tire Dressing - the best for me hand down has been Poorboys Bold N' Bright. I used to use Megs Endurance High Gloss, but the Poorboys is less sticky and shines just as well.
~Darren

chuckstang

Established Member
So I guess you gota get the good stuff online and not over the counter. ok then, thx.
the megs high endurance was a dam mess last time I used it. I use the megs that comes in a lil spray bottle now and I luv the look but for some reason it likes to fly up on the side of your car once you drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread