What performance packages do BMW's have?

03DOHC

Established Member
I had one of them little roller skate convertible things jump on my ass today. I nailed it and he did so too. I was pulling away from him through 2nd and 3rd, and not as quickly as I would like to admit but still pulling him, and had to shut down due to traffic ahead. I guess he thought he could take me as he wanted another go. He waited until I was stuck behind three cars and then he changed lanes to the left then cut everyone off when he shot two lanes to the right and I watched him fly down the road with me stuck behind the blockers.

I noticed some badging on the back of it. On the right side it said M and on the left side it had some letters. I hope I don't end up on a BMW message board as a kill.:kaboom:

I've heard of the DINAN or something like that and I don't think that's what it had on the back. What others are there?

Hey little roller skate car guy, wanna go again?;-)

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Was it a m3 or m5?
You can take him! Maybe you should sell your catback to me and invest in a pully. Hint hint.:)

03DOHC

Established Member
It was one of these. It wasn't the Z one it said M.

1.jpg

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
It was one of these. It wasn't the Z one it said M.

1.jpg
Ahhh, the "M Roadster". I don't know the specs other than "slower than a stock 2003 Mustang Cobra"...:-D

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Ahhh, the "M Roadster". I don't know the specs other than "slower than a stock 2003 Mustang Cobra"...:-D
:thumbsup: :lol:

03DOHC

Established Member
We were getting on this new freeway on ramp and he was riding my ass all the while so I knew he wanted some. It kind of surprised me as this was really the first person to "try" anything. I've had ricers, camaros, vettes, you name it get froggy, but they never wanted any. Yes I know there are lots of faster cars, so for those others, I don't want to hear it.

key2you

Established Member
Be care full, it probably was a sleeper. I had an m3 take me on the line but, per displacement, I was pulling on him. Come to find out that this gentleman hadhis whole motor reworked and put forced induction on it. He just got me in the 1/4 (even though it was one of his best times and not mine).

Bingo13

Established Member
'99~'00 stock specs
240hp
236tq
0-60 5.2
3086lbs

'01~'02 stock specs
315hp
251tq
0-60 4.9
3131lbs

The ones to be really careful of are the 99~00 that have been blown. I have a good friend that installed the complete Dinan SC package along with some head/cam work on his Z3 M roadster. He is getting around 384hp and 318tq (322/269rw). The car will do a 4.6 0-60 and a 13.1 quarter mile in street trim. I installed the same package on my '99 M3 coupe and ran a 4.7 0-60 and a 13.3 quarter mile in street trim. The modified cars are very quick up to 90 mph and I have surprised my share of vehicles in light to light contests. Most people who complete a Dinan SC package do not advertise it with the labels. Stealth is good. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread