What plugs to use?

tomsgarage

Established Member
I am planning on replacing the factory spark plugs on my car, and need suggestions on what to use based on the following mods:

Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda Catback Exhaust
Diablosport Perfomance Tune
Stock Supercharger Pulley

Car is a weekend driver and I do On Track Events 2-4 times per year at CMP, no drag racing.

Thanks

greengt88

Established Member
i have very similar mods to you, i had steeda install NGK TR6 #4177's with a .035 gap, idled a little weird, had like a miss typr sound, car ran great though, then i installed my SCT X3 with their 93oct. tune and it got worse, then had pulley, belt and aux. idler installed with a tune from Amazon Racing and the little miss completely went away. Alot of people have experienced the little miss from these plugs, but i don't know what tune they were running, so i'd say it's not the plugs but the tune. I would certainly recommend these plugs to anyone. Steeda agreed also that it had to have been from the canned tune in the SCT. These are a heat range colder than stock and explains why they felt that way w/out the SCT tune. Not burning all the gas. So get them and a good tune, should be excellent. Others may chime in about how the iridiums cured this and vice/versa, but they are pretty much tried and true. All the vendors sell them, they are really cheap as well.

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
i had the 7ix's and switched to copper 6's and noticed the idle was rougher. next set will be the 7ix's. anybody run the denso's? ive heard good things about them but they are too pricey to buy without hearing some good reviews.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I just swapped out my TR6's for 7IX's yesterday. I started it up and let it run for awhile, didn't really notice a difference at idle though.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Does the look of the 7IX's electrode spook anyone else like me? It's so tiny!

i ran a set for 10,000 miles and all 8 looked fine when i swapped them for another set. i've run tr6's, br7ef's and now the tr7ix's for 15k. the ix's definitely idle the best. br7's were the worst idler. i can't really tell a difference in WOT performance between the 3. my dyno numbers and track runs were with the br7's...so i don't really know for sure

Users who are viewing this thread