what power gains can I expect? 2011 gt500

roxas4620

Established Member
So I have a 2011 gt500 and I will be putting a jlt big air intake with off road x pipe and 3 inch MagnaFlow exhaust with a custom dyno tune next saturday. What kind of power gain should I expect from this?

1st usa car

Established Member
Big Air CAI is for big boost - do not expect to be wowed by this plan of attack --- only gains will be from off road X pipe and the tune --- you need to change the pulley if you want some real change

SirShaun

Established Member
Pulley it down to a 2.6 or something with the Custom Dyno tune or else your wasting money.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I've got a 2.6 upper pulley I'd ship out to you Asap for $60 and then you'll actually make some power. Otherwise gains will be low, the tune will add a few degrees of timing which will help, but not much else without boost!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Do the o/r pipe, tune, pulley, unless your doing a blower swap a bigger intake will be a huge waste of money on an 11. I've actually seen guys lose power on a stock blower, bigger intake combo.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I decided to go 2.5 vmp pulley thanks for the input guys

Want a tune? I can have one to you tomorrow if you order tonight (I guess we all know what I do at night....)

$199 for a GT500 tune at vmptuning.com

I hope that's a JLT123 and not a 140+.

You'll be around 540rwhp with our tune and pulley.

bj

Mainn

Established Member
Want a tune? I can have one to you tomorrow if you order tonight (I guess we all know what I do at night....)

bj

We can only assume.
My mates think I spend enough time doing car stuff as it is. No doubt they'd be absolutely stunned if they met you!!

Go with the VMP setup. You wont be disappointed. :)

I can second this. Jump on board. :)

Users who are viewing this thread