What rims will fit on a 95 GT?

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
I have a couple questions about rim fitment on my 95 GT. I am looking at a second hand set of OEM 03/04 Cobra rims, will these bolt straight on without any spacers and without rubbing the fender wells?

Am I correct in thinking that if I the backspacing of the new rim is no less than what I have now, they will fit (assuming the bolt circle is the same)?

Is it okay to use spacers to get away from the tucked rear wheel look? I've been told that using spacers is bad for the wheel bearings but what your opinion/experience with them?

Any help / comments are appreciated.

Thanks

ShiftinGT

Established Member
I had 03 cobra 17" rims on my 96 when I had it. Didn't have any issues with fitment or wheels being tucked in. That was with a 245/45/17 tire.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
These should be good to go, I personally run a set 1995 Cobra R 17x9" wheels on mine with 275/40/17 tires at all 4 corners, no issues, and I still haven't rolled the fenders.

The fitment threshold seems to come with the 2005+ cars, the offset changed when they went to the S197 chassis and they fit, but do not work properly without spacers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread