return style fuel system good for 1000hp
80 pound injectors
fore fuel rails
mc cleod RXT W/26 spline input shaft
2.9 whipple w/crusher
already have some suspension work
got magnaflow cat back
xct 3 tuneri
I have a stock block. How much rwhp will my set up make?
also how much extra rwhp will i make if i get the heads ported stage 2 w/stage 2 cams plus long tube headers, and an in tank ice box?
:shrug:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This combo has seen 700RW even higher with E-85, head porting only if your looking for every single extra HP, if your a wealthy gentleman cams will produce for you but there's nothing wrong with the stockers and guys make plenty of power with em..
With LT's you'll lose a couple lbs of boost but peak numbers will increase..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I would say you need LT's on this setup for sure.. screw cams and headwork.. LT are a must though.. It'll be holding you back a lot on this setup.. We need to know more also, like what octane, boost, fuel, etc..

nycarpenter

Established Member
just bought all the following mods
return style fuel system good for 1000hp
80 pound injectors
fore fuel rails
mc cleod RXT W/26 spline input shaft
2.9 whipple w/crusher
already have some suspension work
got magnaflow cat back
xct 3 tuneri
I have a stock block. How much rwhp will my set up make?
also how much extra rwhp will i make if i get the heads ported stage 2 w/stage 2 cams plus long tube headers, and an in tank ice box?
:shrug:

Your running what type of fuel? The car will make anywhere from 640-700 depending on which fuel you have in the tank and tune. High octane means big timing = more HP.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
21psi/93octane 650rwhp

25psi/E85 775rwhp

(IF) you put some long tubes on that sucker. The crusher breather way better than the stocker but it don't get to work to it's max if it can't get that air out thru stock manifolds.

Custom stage 3's in my buddy's car made 30rwhp more than my old setup that was very similar.

His car was
2.9@21psi
Return fuel
Long tubes

My car was
2.3 gen1@20 psi
Same fuel system
Long tubes

His car made 660/591
Mine made 620/589. With the same tuner and same conditions

The cams will make power but damn it's expensive for not too much hp! Don't worry with a port until you blow your motor and need work any way.

cobracrazee

Established Member
octane

i'm in Ca, so here we have the 91 octane. Should i get a snow performance meth kit? Which long tube headers do you suggest? Thanks for your opinions everyone.

evolve

Established Member
No meth needed! You should have access to E85 correct? If so GO THAT ROUTE!!! ARH or Kooks 1 3/4 w/3" collectors and 3" x pipe. You wanna stick with a full 3" from the header collector back if possible.

cobracrazee

Established Member
ordered my kooks the other day. Unfortunately only one e85 gas station in LA thats 15 miles away from me. Thanks guys, once all the work is done, I'll post the numbers.

onebadsvt

Established Member
ordered my kooks the other day. Unfortunately only one e85 gas station in LA thats 15 miles away from me. Thanks guys, once all the work is done, I'll post the numbers.

15 miles isint that far away to drive for a fill up every once in a while. and if your really lazy you can buy a 50gal drum and fill it up and set it in your garage. lol

cobracrazee

Established Member
was thinking of the 50 Gal drum. once in a while I don't mind. it is my daily driver thats what makes me lazy. Stupid question guys, can the sct tuner be programed with 91 tune and the e85 tune. So i can change to daily driving mode than race mode when i top it off with e85? Is it easy that i can do it myself, when i decide i want to race someone?

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
was thinking of the 50 Gal drum. once in a while I don't mind. it is my daily driver thats what makes me lazy. Stupid question guys, can the sct tuner be programed with 91 tune and the e85 tune. So i can change to daily driving mode than race mode when i top it off with e85? Is it easy that i can do it myself, when i decide i want to race someone?

Yes with sct handheld you can hold upto 3 different tunes, that your tuner can load for you. My cobra is down right now due to engine failure. I Had 2 tunes on my sct3. I had 91 octane for street and 100 octane for racing. It takes less than 5 minutes to change tunes on ecm. Hope this answered your question..:beer:

gabe1530

Banned
any update on this?
who is going to tune it?

i have a similar setup except i have Mac LT's but do not have a crusher.

cobracrazee

Established Member
not yet

going to change the clutch this week, while doing that going to send t56 for a check up and rebalance driveshaft

Users who are viewing this thread