what say you

jophis37

Established Member
I know "not another what would this rim look like on my car" But gotta do it.

I have an 03 DSG cobra w/ stock chromies on there. I had a set of 10.5 replicas on order but I got a call today saying that they were on back order and it might take a while.

So I've been tossing around the idea of sitching things up and going w/ the Chrome FR500's. Trying to save a little money I was thinking of keeping the fronts 17X9's and running my stock tires. I only have 5K miles on them now. Now the back is going to be a wider wheel so I can run some meaty DR's. My question is how many of you are running 17X10.5 and wish that you could go back and get 18's And Vice versa. The cost for a 18" nitto dr is like $100 more, ref discount tire.

Any thoughts?

I like the way 18"s look but I like the savings also.

whi tri

Established Member
well I had 18's for a while but as soon as I was making power they were useless to me. I could justify spending that much for drag radiels. I wasn't goin to spend that much on tires twice a year. I went with the 10th ann. and haven't looked back.

jophis37

Established Member
whi tri said:
well I had 18's for a while but as soon as I was making power they were useless to me. I could justify spending that much for drag radiels. I wasn't goin to spend that much on tires twice a year. I went with the 10th ann. and haven't looked back.

All great input guys, exactly what I was thinking.

WHI TRI what tires are you running and are you using any spacers?

jophis37

Established Member
I would leave it but I don't want to run the mt's on the street as a daily driver, and I think the nitto's need all the help they can get. Which is why I'm switching to a 10.5 rim. Just can't decide on wether or not to get two stock reps, buy 4 completely different rims, or just go w/ 18's in the rear. Might help hide some of that wheel gap.

So Doc do you miss the car yet?

I'm taking really good care of her. washed and waxed every week.

Doc

Established Member
Well like other people have stated the cost increase on the 18 isn't really worth it and I agree. If you want to run the 17x10.5 for looks thats cool but make sure you check that it clears the irs on the inside. I can't remember cause it was a while ago but some nittos didn't clear and you have to grind down a bolt on the irs so it wouldn't eat the sidewall of the tire.

I do miss the car at times. It did sit in my garage mostly but it was nice to just walk out there and take her for a spin.

Glad your enjoying the car.

mrose75

Established Member
Someone once said, "You drive a Cobra, she's not a cheap date." Don't cut corners, do it right.

jophis37

Established Member
I've decided that I'm gonna keep my stock chromies and throw the 275 or 315 nitto on there. I might do spacers not sure though

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Going with 25mm Hubcentric...about an inch!!!!
Spacer2.jpg

Spacer1.jpg

Spacers.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread