What setup should I use?

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
I just bought a 2004 Terminator, completely stock, on 1-30-10 and I'm looking for an exhaust. I am not sure which route to go. I want it to be quiet when it's just idling, and I have SLP, Borla, Corsa, and Bassani in mind. But I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you before hand for all of your help.

moot09

Established Member
I just bought a 2004 Terminator, completely stock, on 1-30-10 and I'm looking for an exhaust. I am not sure which route to go. I want it to be quiet when it's just idling, and I have SLP, Borla, Corsa, and Bassani in mind. But I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you before hand for all of your help.

Slp will be loud even with the car turned off, bassani wont be as bad but still loud, and borlas about the same. Check out the exhaust soundboard.
Ive got a magnaflow catback and love it, quiet enough while cruising but screams when you get on it

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
Slp will be loud even with the car turned off, bassani wont be as bad but still loud, and borlas about the same. Check out the exhaust soundboard.
Ive got a magnaflow catback and love it, quiet enough while cruising but screams when you get on it

That's what I want it to sound like, but will it still sound that way with headers and a hi-flo x pipe? Or maybe even a hi-flo H pipe?

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
i have slp and i hate it, its way to loud

im going to be switching to a mac or a magnaflow this spring, so that what i would go with

DE07GT

Established Member
With Bassani headers, O/R X, and catback my car is still quieter than any SLP car I've heard. I don't like my cars to be too loud, and I think mine is fine at cruising. Doesn't really get loud til you get on it...that's the one time you want the sound though. Try to listen to as many different setups as you can before you make a decision. Everyone likes their car to sound a certain way.

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
With Bassani headers, O/R X, and catback my car is still quieter than any SLP car I've heard. I don't like my cars to be too loud, and I think mine is fine at cruising. Doesn't really get loud til you get on it...that's the one time you want the sound though. Try to listen to as many different setups as you can before you make a decision. Everyone likes their car to sound a certain way.

I agree, i have heard SLP's on an 08 GT/CS and it was quiet until he would get on it. but ive learned very quickly that the sounds from GTs and Terminators is very different. its hard to hear a Cobra in real life, Not many people have them here. they all use GT's, so that was all i had to base myself on. but Im hoping this weekend to go into Lethal, in San Antonio, and see what Cobras they have there.

Thanks again for all your help

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
heres how my slps sound at wot right at the beginning of the vid just to give you an idea:

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/WNYfbody-track-day_716394.htm]WNYfbody track day - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I would reccomend Mac... SLP with Corsa's are the quietest setup you can buy, I have them, super quiet at idle, quiet at cruising, but when you rev above 4,000 it screams like an animal, perfect sleeper and not annoying. Loud when you want it to be, the only drawback is the Corsas are expensive, I got my SLP Catback with Corsas on them for $100 so I can't complain

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
You might want to also look in a steeda catback. It quiet at idle and cruising but roars at WOT. Search youtube and listen to different exhaust clips.

My Current setup is: ARH Longtubes, ARH o/r x, and Steeda Catback

Last edited:

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
heres how my slps sound at wot right at the beginning of the vid just to give you an idea:

WNYfbody track day - Car Videos on StreetFire

those are pretty loud..might wanta stay away from those.

I would reccomend Mac... SLP with Corsa's are the quietest setup you can buy, I have them, super quiet at idle, quiet at cruising, but when you rev above 4,000 it screams like an animal, perfect sleeper and not annoying. Loud when you want it to be, the only drawback is the Corsas are expensive, I got my SLP Catback with Corsas on them for $100 so I can't complain

I am willing to sacrifice some noise for a little bit more power, and thats what im trying to find a balance of..so i would idealy like to stay on the quiet powerful side.
i will make it Pullied,Intake,Exhaust, and tuned next month.
after that i will be saving up for 3 or 4 months and buy a KB s/c.

DE07GT

Established Member
If you ever plan on polishing your catback (from the differential back) once you get it to make your car look better, make sure you get stainless steel. I prefer stainless anyway because it lasts longer.

Users who are viewing this thread