What shoes are you wearing?

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I'm looking for a nice, comfortable pair of shoes that can be casually worn out to dinner, out for drinks, etc and can easily pair with both jeans and dress pants. Outside of work, I rarely wear shoes, but its getting to be winter time and my old GBXs have seen better days. Black is a must and preferably under $100, but I can go higher for the right pair of shoes. So what do you suggest?

Nik

Equalbracket

Established Member
Bought some Under Armor new releases and have never had a pair of shoes so comfy. I'm new to shoes tho, it's always been BOOT > flipflip > boot > flipflop.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
it's always been BOOT > flipflip > boot > flipflop.

That's all I wear... I have shoes for work, and I have a couple pair of "normal" shoes but I always put my boots on if I'm going out the door. They're more comfortable than anything else.

Equalbracket

Established Member
That's all I wear... I have shoes for work, and I have a couple pair of "normal" shoes but I always put my boots on if I'm going out the door. They're more comfortable than anything else.

Same, I either need nothing under my feet, or thickkk boots.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
90% of the time, Jordan’s. I work in a office so need to have boots or anything. But I just LOVE how the cushion in the Jordan’s feel. Very comfortable.

EDIT: Dress pants, lots of times I wear dressing shoes. For everything else, Jordan’s or vans (slip on’s).

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
A new pair of brown patent crocs with an open toe and stacked 3 inch heel. :) I don't know how comfy they'll be in a few hours.

A2crocs_zps99bbee4b.jpg

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a pair of these Dockers shoes in black. Very comfy and go with just about everything. I think I spent about $40-$50 on them at Sears.

41N%2BnFtvNhL.jpg

I also have a real nice pair of Sperrys in brown that I wear a lot, but I got those as a gift and I think they are well above the $100 range.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Streetcars Carrera's. I love them. These are my second pair of this brand. I usually run my shoes into the ground before I buy a new pair. I think the last ones lasted about 6-8 months of EVERYday use. They are a slip on and go great with khakis/semi dress slacks for work and jeans for casual. Before that I had the same style but in a Dockers brand. These typically are my favorite style shoe as they work for a few dress situations. I also have the same kind of style in black in Clark brand.

Carrera-Pecan_wide_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_0946_grande_27336e12-1681-40a4-8e3a-396aedf91111_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

SirShaun

Established Member
After wearing a pair of Air Force 1 Mids until the bottoms looked like drag slicks, I find it hard to purchase any other shoe. They are long lasting and the all black pair goes great with Khakis at work. They are cut kind of narrow so if you have wide feat, they may take some getting used too. I'm a bigger guy and I make them work.

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Air-Forc...F8&qid=1415719022&sr=1-2&keywords=Air+Force+1

28-06-2012_nike_af1_mid_black1.jpg

Attachments

• 41ip2HnaPZL._SS47_.jpg
    41ip2HnaPZL._SS47_.jpg
    998 bytes · Views: 568
Last edited:

04svtterm

Established Member
omg...some of you guys have some interesting taste in shoes. And i think i saw some sketchers up there? really?

The guy above me linked black AF1s....really? lol Don't get me wrong, i always keep a few pairs of white on white midtops, but i def would not wear them to dinner/drinks. C'mon guys. A little effort goes a long way.

Recommending shoes is tough because it all matters on your style. Plus, Brown is the new black. lol

but from the sounds of it, a clean pair of Boat shoes/loafers will be perfect. In that price range, i would recommend Cole Haan. Excellent quality and the leather is always top notch.

Big list of shoes which cover that middle ground you are looking for. Don't limit yourself to just black, because brown and camel can fit the role of black with the right watch/belt. I wouldn't wear these on a suit, unless it's a casual sportscoat/blazer with jeans.
http://www.colehaan.com/mens-shoes-loafers-drivers

Something a little dressier, that will work with just about everything including jeans. again, you have the option for black or the light brown.
http://www.colehaan.com/cambridge-wing-oxford-british-tan/C12915.html?dwvar_C12915_color=British%20Tan&dwvar_C12915_width=M#cgid=mens_shoes_oxfords&start=50

Me personally, i'm a big fan of Ferragamos, but they are priced a little higher than the $100 range. Cole Haan can be had around the $100 range on sale. Have to keep an eye out for them.

For brands that will be around that price range or less. Stacy Adams and Alfani are your best bets. you can find Oxfords for $60-$100 easy. The leather on them are much stiffer, but still a great show overall. For Boat shoes in that price range, i would recommend Sperry, Sebago, Polo and Tommy H. Easily can be found under $100. macy's is the best spot for these brands.

Last edited:

nudarkshadowl

Established Member
I have a pair of Ecco neoflexors in all black that have been all over the world with me for the last 6 or 7 years and I've only had to replace the laces. They are great shoes, comfortable enough to walk around in all day and look good with both slacks and jeans. A little more than $100, at $130, but worth every penny if you ask me.

04_023904_00101.jpg

Last edited:

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have had a couple of echo shoes, they are a little pricey but very comfortable. Go to the walking company website, you can see the variety of styles they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread