What should be my next Mod.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Since my last dyno run the only items i added was some tr55ix's plugs. Im thinken about getting a Alum Driveshaft, or Dis 4 ignition. Not sure which one i should get first. Im planning on adding a PHP intake spacer in the next month or so, then add a one of the two above. What do you guys think?

Angus

Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Since my last dyno run the only items i added was some tr55ix's plugs. Im thinken about getting a Alum Driveshaft, or Dis 4 ignition. Not sure which one i should get first. Im planning on adding a PHP intake spacer in the next month or so, then add a one of the two above. What do you guys think?

Leave the ingnition alone (for now) as it isn't any kind of hinderance and the gains are minimal/non-existent on a car like yours. Start spinning the engine over 7200 rpm's (regularly) and ignition upgrades make more sense.

I would suggest the PHP spacer 1st followed by the Aluminum driveshaft...

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Is the alum driveshaft worth it? Any gains from a alum driveshaft? I know it would lighten the drivetrain a bit, aswell as lighten the car. I heard that it hinders performance from a DIG.

DesertMach

Established Member
I'm don't see how it would hinder from a dig, but the advantage is lightening the rotating mas, just like lighter rims etc...

04torchred

Established Member
Angus66 said:
Leave the ingnition alone (for now) as it isn't any kind of hinderance and the gains are minimal/non-existent on a car like yours. Start spinning the engine over 7200 rpm's (regularly) and ignition upgrades make more sense.

I would suggest the PHP spacer 1st followed by the Aluminum driveshaft...

Agreed unless you have forced induction or spray the ignition isn't going to do anything for you. You don't have enough cylinder pressure or power to require the additional spark. Only benefit I can see is the two step, but again with a good tire you should be good.

If you haven't done headers this is a good mod for the N/A 4V motor. Should give you more area under the curve then an intake spacer and aluminium drive shaft combined. IMO. My brothers next mod will be the intake spacer as this is something he doesn't have done yet.

Charles236

Established Member
Do the spacer first, it is the best $100 performance part available for the Mach1. I have the aluminum driveshaft and I can't really tell any difference in performance, but with the 4.30 gears it is much smoother.

04torchred

Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Looking to drop under 400 bucks. Headers are a little too much at the moment.

You can get the MAC LT for a bit over $400 if you call the right place. Derek @ D'Agostino racing has a good price on these. But in that case yeah do the spacer. $100 for pretty good gains isn't bad at all. Let us know how it works out, my brother would like to pick one up in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread