Established Member
I'm finishing up my winter build, mods are:
Gen 1 2.3 whipple with a 3.1 upper
4lb lower
80# injectors
twin GT pumps with 40amp Boost a pump
long tubes
And I ported the lower

I'm gonna be tuned for 93 octane. What numbers should I expect?

mach1033

Established Member
Single blade or twin? At 20lbs of boost on pump 93 you will see the same numbers if you kept it at 17lbs of boost. The timing is gonna be low. Now if you throw some torco and you have a single blade my guess is 640ish. Twin blade 630.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Single blade or twin? At 20lbs of boost on pump 93 you will see the same numbers if you kept it at 17lbs of boost. The timing is gonna be low. Now if you throw some torco and you have a single blade my guess is 640ish. Twin blade 630.

X2. 20 lbs on 93 is a lot. I would run torco. On 18lbs I saw 598 rwhp with 91 but it started to ping so I ran torco. You should be in the 620 range with a couple pounds more boost.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
It seems that more and more people are running higher boost and less timing. My buddy has a 09 GT500 and just installed a TVS and he is running 20.5 psi on 91 octane. The GT500s have 8.4:1 compression which is basically the same as our cars at 8.5:1. His car put down 675 to ground, I was impressed to say the least. I guess that .8 liters makes a huge difference.

As for me like some others have stated I prefer to run lower boost on street. Your EGTs will be lower as well as your IATs, which for the street means a lot to me. I think the car running more boost and less timing will still make more power than lower boost with full timing. Then again I dont think it matters on the street much when your making close to 600. Keep it safe and enjoy the car for years. Goodluck.

Users who are viewing this thread