What should I do with my life??

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Serious question. I graduated from High School in 2000. I've been working at a dead-end job for the past 5 years. My life is going no where. The town I live in is going no where. Im ready for a change. Im tired of living in this tiny town in the middle of ID. I really need some guidance. What should I do? Go back to school? Move to a big city and find a better job? I have a close friend in Phoenix. What do you guys think? How difficult is it to find a decent paying job, in a fairly large city without a college education?

sharkall2003

Your everyday white pimp
Established Member
I'm only 17, but I would highly suggest you go to a community college, atleast. My father quit his job, and he only had a high school education. It took him 3 months to find another one, and this one is completely shit. It doesn't pay well and he's screwed if he can't find another.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
fast1 said:
Serious question. I graduated from High School in 2000. I've been working at a dead-end job for the past 5 years. My life is going no where. The town I live in is going no where. Im ready for a change. Im tired of living in this tiny town in the middle of ID. I really need some guidance. What should I do? Go back to school? Move to a big city and find a better job? I have a close friend in Phoenix. What do you guys think? How difficult is it to find a decent paying job, in a fairly large city without a college education?

Join the military. You'll get out of the house, see the whole world if you want to, make decent money, get some training. You get the Montgomery GI bill to pay for school and 100% tuition assistance plus your state might actually pay for you to go to school like mine does. I also graduated in 2000 and waited a couple years before I made my decision, I went into the Air Force. I learned a lot, grew up some, got to see the world, and got some great education benefits that I am using right now (I actually make $1,034/month to go to school).

SirTony76

Established Member
Get an engineering degree.

Actually, in all seriousness, what sort of things do you enjoy doing? You can make decent money in almost every business if you are good at it and dedicated towards it.

fast1 said:

Go into the military or donate yourself to science. Either choice is very rewarding :-D

203Cree

Established Member
Another for military. I was such a f-up before I joined, absolutely no direction ( well, there was some, but it wasn't the right one ). Been in 5 yrs now, have a great career and I owe every bit of it to the military. You can learn a lot about life serving.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
Join the military. You'll get out of the house, see the whole world if you want to, make decent money, get some training. You get the Montgomery GI bill to pay for school and 100% tuition assistance plus your state might actually pay for you to go to school like mine does. I also graduated in 2000 and waited a couple years before I made my decision, I went into the Air Force. I learned a lot, grew up some, got to see the world, and got some great education benefits that I am using right now (I actually make $1,034/month to go to school).

I was thinking the same thing!

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
The military is one ooption, but Iraq does not sound fun to me. I would go to community college, find a direction, get a better job, a woman and go for it.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
military. check out the AF, I'm in the Air National Guard and through the GI kicker i make $900 a month doing a weekend a month. 100% tuition and a sign on bonus.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
i'd like to see where this job is going, i graduated h.s. in 04, didnt fair to well in college, and i'm in the same situation

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
+1 for the military. After 5 years you are going to hate life if you go back to school. Join the military study hard for the ASVAB get a good MOS and have fun.

roadracer247

Established Member
I think school is always a good option for someone that wants it bad enough. If your not interested in the material your studying you won't do good and you will end up wasting more time. I did this for the first two years outta HS. But I got myself back on track and am now in school with a much better GPA and will be going from this two year college into a four year soon to get my BS in fire administration.
You have to do what YOU want. Everyone has their own path and you can't try and copy what someone else is doing with their life. That's their life and you need to worry about your own.
The best thing you can do for yourself is do some soul searching for a while. Take a week and really honestly think about what it is you want to do. Then do lots os reasearch on whatever it might be. Once you've done that and firgured out what you want, you have to ask yourself if your seriously going to follow through on what your goals are now. Because if your not going to try and give %110 your just wasting more time and money. Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you come to a honest decision with yourself.

NotBrandLoyal

Established Member
Become a truck driver.CDL class A is a license to print money. You will never be out
of work.Every thing is shipped by Semis.I took a two week course for 2k.You can finance if you dont have the money.Over the road drivers make about 60k the firts
year if you are willing to work.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
you could study English in a college or whatever, move abroad and make some bank teaching English.

My father has English training centers all over the middle east (saudi, Dubai, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebabnon...etc), and during one summer he offered me a job.. you'll never guess what I had to do, sit in a room with someone and have a convo about anything! yeah and get paid for it! Cause I guess thats the best way to learn a language.

Just a thought.

Little_SVT_Man

Established Member
fast1 said:

I would look into the Post Office. Anything inside and around the Post Office is good money. I've already passed my Postal Exam and all I still haven't received that call.

Here's the big minus about the Post Office. They only offer the exam in every three, four years. Some helpful advice for you.

Also, the medical field is BIG right now. Something else I would look into.

Users who are viewing this thread