what should my next mod be?

jophis37

Established Member
Other than suspension, or cooling mods, what should my next go fast mod be? I thought about getting headers and adding what boost I lose. Should be a bump in HP. I have a 19 lb pulley I run on a 100 octane tune, but it's just not enough anymore.

Mods are in the sig,

jophis37

Established Member
Thought about nitrous, I'm one of those guys who are scared of it, I've never had it and don't trust it yet. I guess as long as your tune was dialed in, it would be just as safe as running high boost..

jophis37

Established Member
Thought about nitrous, I'm one of those guys who are scared of it, I've never had it and don't trust it yet. I guess as long as your tune was dialed in, it would be just as safe as running high boost..

jophis37

Established Member
terminator04 said:

I have the 3.25 and 4 lb lower for the 19 lb setup, after looking at your numbers, I might just have to do the 50 shot. Those numbers look awsome. I wish I could delete about 4-500 lbs w/ out stripping my car down to nothing.

jophis37

Established Member
01strimbullitt said:
long tubes.... lower pulley... and nitrous!

What size lower, I have the 4 lb now, I'm not really keen on getting a larger lower. w/ the 4 lb and the 3.5 upper I'm already running 17 ps1. I still want to run 91 octane on the street. I'm thinking 3.0 upper, headers, get rid of the cats, keep the Xpipe. and go from there...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, the cheapest and easiest is a long tube install. Be a good mod for your setup.

But, you may also want to consider a blower upgrade to a KB 2.6H or 2.8H, or even to one of the new 3.4 Whipples. Early returns are indicating that these blowers are significantly superior to their smaller predecessors

jophis37

Established Member
ViciousJay said:
i know i posted already but what about a DRIVER MOD and so time sheets from the track ;-)

The nearest track is over a n hour away and it sucks, I don't think they prep it at all. I'm more of a street racer, 2nd gear rolls are my thing. Thanks for the comment but I'm not too interested in the 1/4 mile anymore, W/ my last cobra and my last vette, I used to visit the drag strip maybe once every 3-4 months and left disapointed everytime. I think I'm just going to step up to 21psi, upgrade the fuel system, and maybe throw on some headers. Thanks for the input guys.

Users who are viewing this thread