What should my next mod be?

DEMNSVT

Established Member
I have been saving up for a while now. I love my 94 Cobra, but she has had many problems. I have all the parts to fix everything, but need help in deciding what to do next. I have between 1,500 and 2,000grand to play with. The car already has long tubes, h-pipe, dumps, 3.73, mass air, springs, smoked headlights, and a new fuel pump, FMS extender, It has about 129k miles on it. ALso has Tremec trans and SPec clutch. Things I am replacing with nice aftermarket stuff is new mass air, throttle body, shocks/struts, springs, control arms. I want to pick some more power, but can't pin point what i want to do next. Please give me suggestions, I am at a road block.
Thanks
Kevin

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
With absolute certainty i would suggest getting blown!:thumbsup:

Seriously, get yourself a supercharger and leave all the rest of the upgrades for later...sure you'll need them, but start with the most expensive part first as it will yield you the most power. You can always get the rest of the stuff like heads, head-work, shocks/struts...stuff like that later. Heck, with $2,000 you can get a blower, bilstein shocks/struts, LCA's and lowering springs if you shop around.

The whole purpose of your upgrades is to go faster and be quicker. If this is what you want, then go with a blower. If you plan on just upgrading the car to have a bad-ass daily driver in traffic and around town driving, then do everything else first. If it was my money, the #1 item on my list would be the blower.

Good Luck,
David

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I would say get a blower also, but those miles are really getting up there. Is the car still running strong? Id recommend heads and a big cam. Thats all you really have left to do for a shitload of power, besides the blower. Also look into getting a good intake too. You could try your own combo, or get some proven ones like Holley or Edelbrock, or just buy what you think would perform well. Can you do your own engine work? That would save you tons of money also. Keep us updated!

Andrew

DEMNSVT

Established Member
Yeah I do all my own work expect for ECU tunning and stuff that requires air tools. I have seen good numbers from both the Procharger and Vortech. The car has 128k miles on it and also sports perfect compression and oil pressure, I mean the engine seems to be brand new almost.
Kevin

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Originally posted by DEMNSVT
Yeah I do all my own work expect for ECU tunning and stuff that requires air tools. I have seen good numbers from both the Procharger and Vortech. The car has 128k miles on it and also sports perfect compression and oil pressure, I mean the engine seems to be brand new almost.
Kevin

In that case, blow it now and do the heads/cam/intake later. You can set up your whole application around your blower.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Though I love speed and power, I love being able to destroy other people through the corners. With 2,000.00 I'd get subframe connectors, bilsteins shocks/struts, AFR 185 heads, a Steeda #19 camshaft, 75 mm throttle body and an intake (or extrude hone your stock unit. The subframes will help keep your car together as you add more power. With springs already on the car, the bilsteins should really help in complimenting them as long as they are good quality springs. The AFR'S and #19 cam are a very good flowing combo for both n/a and supercharged applications. Think about it, you can enjoy the head, cam intake combo while you save for the blower. Then when you get the blower and injectors, you will get much more out of the car as the airflow will be top notch. Otherwise you'll be flowing through 129,000 mile cast gt-40's that really need to be freshened up (ie springs) Just my .02 I was blown on a stock bottom end and it ran very well, but with my current set-up if I put on a blower I'd probably scare the crap out of myself. Not saying it's bad just not what I want for the car.

Users who are viewing this thread