what should pullied 99 lightings run

F8LVNM

Established Member
my friend just got a 99 lighting an is going to start modding it pulley,tune,an maybe porte it.... It already has exhan k&n cl.

so what kind of times should he hope for with the mods up top :)
also rwh an rwt thanks

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
HalfTime said:
He will need at least a 4lb lower pulley and a great tune to hit 12.s

Not true. My best time ever in my L when I had it, was a 12.44 @ 108. 40 degree night and low humidity. Mods were a C&L 85 maf kit, Superchip(C&L tuned), REM ported upper plenum, SVO single blade tb, and a 2 lb lower. On regular nights with the 2lber the truck was regularly in the mid to high 12's(12.6-12.85).

I highly recommend the C&L 85 maf kit and chip on a 99-00 as with only the C&L kit and Maf(no extra boost, stock upper plenum, stock tb) the truck ran consistent 13.2's at 102.9. That was on a night a few of my other friends with 6lb lower trucks and 4lbers with supporting mods were running high 12's and 13.0's. :bowdown:

Last edited:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
Not true. My best time ever in my L when I had it, was a 12.44 @ 108. 40 degree night and low humidity. Mods were a C&L 85 maf kit, Superchip(C&L tuned), REM ported upper plenum, SVO single blade tb, and a 2 lb lower. On regular nights with the 2lber the truck was regularly in the mid to high 12's(12.6-12.85).

I highly recommend the C&L 85 maf kit and chip on a 99-00 as with only the C&L kit and Maf(no extra boost, stock upper plenum, stock tb) the truck ran consistent 13.2's at 102.9. That was on a night a few of my other friends with 6lb lower trucks and 4lbers with supporting mods were running high 12's and 13.0's. :bowdown:
Well congradulations, you have a Beast of a struck. Sorry to burst you bubble, but your times are no whare near tipical for your mods, let alone for a 99 Lightning. Well, I take that back, BeenStruck's truck with just a 2.75 upper and a Amazon tune hit 12.7s at 107mph. But it's still not tipical or avg. but deff posible. None the less, still your avg lightning with a 4lb lower has a hard time hitting 12.s on a regualr basis. Do some searching on this sight for times and mods, you'll see what I'm talking about.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
HalfTime said:
Well congradulations, you have a Beast of a struck. Sorry to burst you bubble, but your times are no whare near tipical for your mods, let alone for a 99 Lightning. Well, I take that back, BeenStruck's truck with just a 2.75 upper and a Amazon tune hit 12.7s at 107mph. But it's still not tipical or avg. but deff posible. None the less, still your avg lightning with a 4lb lower has a hard time hitting 12.s on a regualr basis. Do some searching on this sight for times and mods, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Eh? Why do I need to do some research? My truck was a beast no doubt, but it was never as impressive with a 4lber as it was with a 2? Maybe it was the C&L tune. If you like I can supply you with a list of people whom have seen my truck run? On a side note, these trucks are at least 1/2 second quicker when its cold outside.

tom vandiver

Established Member
99 Lightning

black99lightnin said:
Eh? Why do I need to do some research? My truck was a beast no doubt, but it was never as impressive with a 4lber as it was with a 2? Maybe it was the C&L tune. If you like I can supply you with a list of people whom have seen my truck run? On a side note, these trucks are at least 1/2 second quicker when its cold outside.
I,ve seen it run many times and mid-twelves were frequent. I don't know why people seem to put down the '99 L's. I ran mine for three years and never had any problems, 11.79 @114 (all the bolt ons and a little giggle-gas.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
tom vandiver said:
I,ve seen it run many times and mid-twelves were frequent. I don't know why people seem to put down the '99 L's. I ran mine for three years and never had any problems, 11.79 @114 (all the bolt ons and a little giggle-gas.

How's it going Tom. Tom's truck had essentially the same mods as me except he had 4.10's and a small shot. 99's seem to make more power with little to no mods, don't know why? Also you rarely hear about 99 grenading its internals.

Users who are viewing this thread