what size/brand tire for a 15x4 wheel?

wwmost

Established Member
what kind of tires and what size are you guys running with ur drag wheels? i got the summit 15x4 wheels for my trans am and need to find what size tires i need. i wanted to run the 4 inch wheel upfront because this will do alot of street driving. so what tire would do good with some street driving but still be safe at high speeds at the track?

i have 275 mt drag radials for the rear.

IZZy SVT

shoutbox addict
Established Member
I ran a 165-15 on my pro-stars but they were 3.5" wide but 165's should fit a 4" wide rim too.

Almo

Established Member
165s drop the front to a 24.5" to a 25" tire.

Do a Mickey Thompson Sportsman 26'' x 7.5'' - 15''LT 8-Ply Rating for a bit over $100 each.

IZZy SVT

shoutbox addict
Established Member
they were a generic brand, I dont remmember the name I bought them at Discount Tire, they said these tires a little hard to find anymore but they were able to get them for me, I paid eighty something dollars for each.

IZZy SVT

shoutbox addict
Established Member
^^^those would fit but the only bad thing about them is the T speed rating and they're on backorder, if your gonna be going 100mph+ at the end of the track I say get the mickeys instead.

wwmost

Established Member
yea thats what i was thinking about the rating... wouldnt want a tire blow out. i think i will stick with the mickeys

Users who are viewing this thread