What size pipe(Dynomax) and which muffler??

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Well the sound bug has bitten me again and its time for lil mor aggressive sound on the ol Cobra. It still has the stock catted H-Pipe but I have JBA Shorty Headers and a Dynomax Catback.

The question here i guess is does the dynomax have the 2 ¼" pipe or is it 2 ½" ? I know this sounds dumb and I should know this but I bought the car with the dynomax already on there so I'm not sure what size it is exactly.

Second question is I had flowmasters on my 89 GT and loved it didn't mine the drone at all. It still had stock headers but it had a Hi-Flo Catted H-Pipe.

Should I go with the flows or should I try something else. All I really want is more aggressive tone. Keep in mind I'm only buying the mufflers. Will the flows pretty much attach right where the dynomax's mufflers were? I have 3.73 gears as well.

I've tried doing a search on the Warlocks but saw they rust easy is this true. Thanks for you help and I'm open to any good suggestions of what to go with as well. Thanks

Tyler

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
anyone ever put a cut out on one of these cars? I remeber when I dropped the exhaust from the header and started the car up and ran an open header and it was LOUD!!! sounded just like it did with exhaust, only like 10x louder...i'm curious as to getting a cut out or something.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
i've been debating whether or not to get a cut-out but haven't decided to go that route yet....keeping my options open for now...when i replace my midpipe this summer i'll decided whether or not to get the electric cut-out or not

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I Have the dynomax catback with flows welded right in and love it. I'm not at home right now but I think they are either 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 (pretty sure they're 2 1/2). Once I get home I'll let you know. Stick with the flows man you can't beat the sound.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
i know i had them on my 89 GT figured I'd try something new...i went ahead and bought the Stainless Steel Magnaflows from Brothers Performance in texas they had them failry cheap ($89) compared to the $121 Flowmaster wanted for their new 40 or 50 series mufflers...someone on here was talking about how good the Magnaflows sound so i went and purchased the magnaflows...guess i'll see what it sounds like once they arrive in the mail

Users who are viewing this thread