what size pulley for a v2 vortech???

GT SMOKIN

04 Mach 1 Blown
Established Member
i have a 00 gt with a v2 vortech with the stock pulley i believe it has a 3.6 not sure what pulley size is on it... i just finish putting a cxracing inter cooler on it and i hear it will drop about 1-3 psi.. i want to make around 10psi so which pulley should i run...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think a 3.33'' would make about 10-11 psi.. I'm almost positive. It also depends on how high you are reving the car as well.

GT SMOKIN

04 Mach 1 Blown
Established Member
I'm reving at redline... I guess i forgot to metioned i have full bolt ons and hitech stage2 cams... my goal is to make around 400-420 so what do u guys recommend? leave the stock pulley or change it to a 3.33

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I don't know what redline is with a GT but yes get a 3.33'' and a good tune. You are in S.F so I would highly recommend AED for your tuner..

GT SMOKIN

04 Mach 1 Blown
Established Member
yeah AED is tuning my car..I just wanted to have everything ready... thanks guys I guess i will run the 3.33 pulley anyone here is selling one send me a pm ...(98 saleen cobra) thank you for your services

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yeah AED is tuning my car..I just wanted to have everything ready... thanks guys I guess i will run the 3.33 pulley anyone here is selling one send me a pm ...(98 saleen cobra) thank you for your services

Right on man, you'll be good to go.. You're welcome too :beer:

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
3.25?? Never heard of it...how much boost did you make? and how much? sorry to hijack OP if your interested all yours first

mrbigjeep

Established Member
OP please update with hp numbers and boost levels...

i also have a vortech waiting to go on along with full bolt on's and hitech stage 2's

phillipmach1

Established Member
Why Pulleys are not measured in “Pounds”

Some time ago, a marketing nerd decided it would be a good idea to name supercharger pulleys by the boost you would likely see on the boost gauge on a certain engine in a certain car.

The car was a Ford Mustang with a 5.0 Liter motor, and the pulleys were called “6 pound” or “9 pound” pulleys by what the boost gauge showed on this car.

The problem is, the moment Ford changed camshafts, exhaust, intake manifolds or anything on that motor, the gauges were now reading differently. And the rest of us who do not have that engine in that car – describing a pulley as a “6 pound pulley” is meaningless.

You are a tuner or a hot-rodder or you wouldn't be reading this. Increasing your engine's performance is your thing . We know you will be forever making changes to your motor in pursuit of your hobby and enjoyment. So who knows what engine restriction you will have at any moment, especially when you are involved in a hobby specifically intent on removing engine restrictions. (Read “What the boost Gauge is Really Telling You” above.)

So – the ONLY right way to describe a pulley is by its diameter. Pulleys are measured across the lands where the belt runs, and are referred to a “2.90 inches” or “2.70 inches” or whatever.

Hope this work for you

Users who are viewing this thread