what size rim will fit?

ogadam

Established Member
i was just woundering what size rim would fit under the 05 gt (in the back and front if different) without having to do modifications. I want to pu 17x8 in the front and 17x11 in the back. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank You
Adam Berbrick

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
17X11? are you planning on 1000 hp? That is going to handle something awful. Anyhew.......There IS plenty of room in there, Ford even made it simple and rolled the fender lip up in the rear wheel wells, its VERY trick. The wheels for pre-05 mustangs will not fit though, backspacing was increased about 25mm from the SN-95 models.

Formula51

Established Member
I saw one companies "blinging" stang on the internet. Believe it has 20x9 in the front and 20x10 in the rear. Dont know how much inner fender well clearance they had, but it looked like any wider would stick out from the wheel well. Which is great on my truck, but I dont think I would do that to a brand new car ;-)

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
KevinB120 said:
17X11? are you planning on 1000 hp? That is going to handle something awful. Anyhew.......There IS plenty of room in there, Ford even made it simple and rolled the fender lip up in the rear wheel wells, its VERY trick. The wheels for pre-05 mustangs will not fit though, backspacing was increased about 25mm from the SN-95 models.

Think your wrong abpout the backspacing......The 05 Gt is available with the carryover 17/8 bullitt style wheels and Roush is using the same wheel they used on 04 roushes. Anyways why put a 17 inch wheel on this car, 18's and up are the only way to go if you ask mee, this thing has huge fenders just waitning to be filled bys some 18's or 19's.

Users who are viewing this thread