What Spark Plug for a KB 2.1L GT?

MineralStang

Established Member
I know this has been asked in many different threads, but I have a slightly different question as well. Right now, it seems like the TR6's or TR7IX's would be my best choices. Aren't those two different heat ranges? Also, with the plug blow-out issues on the 2V heads, does any spark plug have any extended threads to prevent that? I thought I heard that the Motorcrafts were changed to help prevent blow-out. NGK's would not have this feature correct? Just trying to figure out which plug would right when I install my 2.1 KB on my GT in the spring. Thanks! :banana:

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
It's hard to beat TR6s. The gap would depend mostly on the boost level. For up to 17 lbs, I gap my plugs at .032. I would regap them to .027 for anything over 18 lbs.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
if you have a 2002, your not going to have a spark plug blowout. your heads already have enough threads. i am using the BR7EF in mine. cant tell any difference between them and the tr6 while driving, but i know the br7ef will handle more heat. I already burnt the tips off a couple tr6 plugs...

Users who are viewing this thread