What speed do you prefer to roll race from?

What speed do you like to roll race from?

• 15mph

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 20mph

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 25mph

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 30mph

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 35mph

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 40mph

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 45mph

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 50mph

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 55mph

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 60mph

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Logan2003Cobra said:
Since I still run regular tires (no drag radials)

+1

I prefer to be in 2nd somewhere around 40 - 45mph but it is sometimes hard to get traction. I haven't street raced anybody since I got my car except my friends Mach 1 and we did that from a dig. :rockon:

SVT8U

Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
2nd gear 40-45mph.keeps the passengers stuck to the seats pretty good.lol
+1. Its hard to slow down more than that before traffic becomes a factor as well. :burnout:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
04svtdriver said:
READ TOP !!! I like about 40-45 in 2nd
Thank you svtdriver :beer:

Like I mentioned before, I prefer drag racing. I LOVE to put on my BFG DR's and race people from a dig. As we know, with as much torque that the 03 cobra's make, its going to be hard for people to catch up. So just to clarify, I always prefer to race from a stop. It takes more skill, and I personally think it is a lot more fun.

But, I just need information about what speed your car favors. The 03cobra guys like 45mph because that is perfect for second gear. It puts the rpm's in the perfect place. Thats the info I need.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I saw the title of this thread and thought I had signed in to Supraforums. :)
Lol, :beer:

I know you guys probably think this is a lame topic. But, trust me, I am not asking this because I am a roll racer. There is specific information I need on what speed our cars perform best at (from all different types of cars). I know what an 03 cobra likes. But I need to know about all types of cars.

So, try not to think of this as roll racing vs drag racing. I agree with you guys, I prefer drag racing. But, for this thread, just imagine that you have a long road where you can race however you want without getting pulled over. Even though you guys prefer drag racing, there are going to be times when you will race from a roll just for fun. Thats the information I need. I need specific mph info.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
stfu and stop flaming, the guy set up a simple poll to ask about ROLL RACING, not DRAG RACING. If you don't like the idea of roll racing, go flame in the smack-down forum. I respect all of you here, so take it somewhere else :)

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
MustangMike said:
stfu and stop flaming, the guy set up a simple poll to ask about ROLL RACING, not DRAG RACING. If you don't like the idea of roll racing, go flame in the smack-down forum. I respect all of you here, so take it somewhere else :)
Thank you Mike, I appreciate it.

Like I keep saying, this thread has nothing to do with comparing drag racing vs roll racing. I am not comparing the skill in drag racing vs roll racing. I already know what kind of skill is involved in both. There is information I need for something I am working on. That is why I started this thread. I am collecting specific information for something.

Thats why I encourage you guys to post why you choose the speed you did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread