What spring rates...

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I'm getting new springs soon and have a question not necessarily typical for this board.

Basically, I don't know if I want to settle for the lowest spring rates. First, because I never settle for the least in anything. Simple character flaw. =D Second, because I want my car to handle as best it possibly can.

From what I've seen, I think I'll be going with Steedas up front and H&R out back.

I just want some input on the different rates available, the pros and cons for each, and what else would be needed (CC plates, etc) depending on what I get. I autocross my car a few times a year, and I'd love for my car to be a cut above the norm.

Thanks.

-Tony

Z20WHAT

Established Member
P.S. - I also drag the car a few times, as well but that's not as important.

If someone suggest just settling with the lowest rates, please justify it. Thanks again.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Go for the coil-overs! You can choose the spring rate, not to mention you can change the ride height at any given time.

JC

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by THE FLASH
Go for the coil-overs! You can choose the spring rate, not to mention you can change the ride height at any given time.

JC

I can choose the spring rate at any time with coilovers?

Which ones are most Cobra owners going with?

Link?

Z20WHAT

Established Member
I'm just not sure the minimal advantage of coilovers justifies the dramatic cost increase. But I'll investigate.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
You can choose the spring rate initially. You can choose the ride height at any given time. If you dont like that route, I would definitely go with linear rate springs and not progressive rate springs. I have had both and perfer linear rate. You would get better performance from linear rate springs.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread