What springs are you coilover guys runnin ?

moddedmystic

Established Member
I was at the track a couple weeks ago tryin to get my new front suspension dialed in and ran into this problem.When the car leaves the front rises and falls realy fast unloading the rear tires :nonono: I think its from the 14-175 coilovers I'm running up front and was wondering what everyone else is using.

I've got a UPR kmember w/bilstiens and the 175's on it now and was thinking about going to a stiffer spring to try and slow down the rise of the front of the car. What do you guys think?
Thanks, Mark
:beer:

MVD

Established Member
Your spring rate is fine 14-175's work great. Do you have adjustable struts? If so, use those to tighten up the front end. You need all that stored energy/travel of the springs you have. Also tighten up the rear shocks (if you have adjustables) to help slow down the squat. You want squat but you do not want it to violantly slam down right on launch. Double adjustable rear shocks work great for this ;-)

Also, maybe you need to learn how to row gears quicker. No matter how great your suspension might be set up, if you are letting off the gas the front end is going to come down.

moddedmystic

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm runnin the stock bilstiens w/ the upr coil over kit, so adjusting the strut is out....for now. Maybe I'll get some adjustables over da winter. Had the rear qa1's set on 4 clicks and 25 psi in the air bags, maybe next time I'll try a higher setting.
I guess whats so frustrating is last year with the stock k member and front suspension the car would sixty foot in the 1.5's with the same settings and pressures :shrug:

....and it was 100 pounds heavier....

Users who are viewing this thread