What struts to use with H&R SS?

Whippled03SVT

Established Member
I just ordered a set of H&R sport springs for the cobra. Will the stock struts hold up, or will they blow out if I use them? Should I get aftermarket ones?

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
MM says to use Bilstein HDs if you have the money, and stock coupe struts if not. The HDs are going to be better, but the stockers will work fine. It is better to use the MM caster-cambers though that compensate for the change in length from the springs. I have the same springs in both of mine, and use stock coupe Bilsteins on both.

NYstanger

Established Member
Now how do the struts/shocks come into play running the road race springs? I believe the springs are taller but are they stiffer? More likely to damage the shocks/struts?

Whippled03SVT

Established Member
Now how do the struts/shocks come into play running the road race springs? I believe the springs are taller but are they stiffer? More likely to damage the shocks/struts?

When I lowered my old WRX I had to get different struts because they would bottom out and cause the struts to blow out and loose pressure giving you a bouncy ride. I dont know how the springs would be taller if the ride high of the car is lowered 1.5" in the front and back.

NYstranger-are you talking specifically about the H&R sport spring or any lowering spring?

Users who are viewing this thread