what the difference?

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
hey guys. yes, i know this is probably a dumb question, but whats the differences between, lets say a 93 5 liter and a 95 5 liter engine? this is bugging me to death right now and i just wanna know. thanks for reading :)

94Mustang302

Long Live 302...
Established Member
well i feel kinda dumb about this thread anyway. just that a few pepole i know said there were a few differences in the motors.

white99gt

Established Member
Originally posted by Almo
Forged Pistons

Actually no..
Ford stop using forged pistons around 91~92 in the 5.0,they went to hypercrap pistons..

Basic internals are the same ,cam specs are a tad different..Intakes are different around the tbody area..
The ecu has a different program to pull timing to help stop the breakage of the t-5s the 5.0 use to have..

Besides that it all pretty much the same..

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I also hear that the engine accesories take more power away from the motor in the SN's than on the foxes. Forged pistons were done away with mid production in 92' models. I couldn't tell you what month though.

ctowery01

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I also hear that the engine accesories take more power away from the motor in the SN's than on the foxes.

Why would that be

white99gt

Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I also hear that the engine accesories take more power away from the motor in the SN's than on the foxes. Forged pistons were done away with mid production in 92' models. I couldn't tell you what month though.

Actually the sn95's should have more power because in 94 they went to a electric fan setup..

Cazsper

Established Member
The '94-'95 Mustang should have more power becuase of the electric fan. That is true. But, don't forget that Ford had originally planned the SN-95 to have a 4.6L. When it wan'r ready, the took 5.0L from the Thunderbirds and put themin the mustang. Thats why the '95 Cobra actually has the (smaller) Thunderbird cam. Its smaller than the GT cam but it promoted low-end power. Also, the SN-95 had that crappy elbo-bend in their intakes..

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by ctowery01
Why would that be

That's just what I heard. I can neither confirm, nor deny it. I've also heard, just an electric fan alone doesn't do anything without going with an electric waterpump as well since that's where most of the power drain is.

Users who are viewing this thread