What the hell is with Supra owners?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
First off, let me say, a 98 TT Supra is my dream car. I would take one over just about anything worth less than 80 or 90K. Having said that, I am blown away any time I read just about anything on Supraforums. Sure, the Supras are bad ass, but they're not God's gift to automobildom. Some of these guys have the worst elitist attitudes towards anybody with anything other than a Supra. I just don't get it. A Corvette to most of them is trash, and a Mustang? Forget about it. :nonono:

runsalone

Established Member
Personally I wouldn't drive a supra if it was the only car left on planet earth.

If i had to drive a little car like that, i'd take one of them fancy pants mazdas with the rotary engine.

Elitism isnt only present on car forums, but on every form of written communication available to mankind. You just need to utilize your BS-filter. eh!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Its unfortunate but all groups have their elitist pricks. Personally, I have the same view as 50.

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by 32ValveSymphony
First off, let me say, a 98 TT Supra is my dream car. I would take one over just about anything worth less than 80 or 90K.

Your thinking like them. I would take your car over a supra any day. Would you really take a supra over a Viper or ZO6?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Re: Re: What the hell is with Supra owners?

Originally posted by DEADEYE
Your thinking like them. I would take your car over a supra any day. Would you really take a supra over a Viper or ZO6?

I wouldn't :shrug:

But that's my opinion.... They still have that aurora around them of having the 1000 hp on stock internals. And every internet forum has a buddy with a single turbo conv with a stage 3 bpu ! :) LOL...

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I love the Supra and all but I've always been partial to the 300ZX TT. Test drove one of those back in '95 and I still remember the experience. :burnout: Of course, I still remember that $300+/month All State insurance quote as well. :uh oh:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
I don't think it's just the Supra owners. The corvette owners, viper owners, bmw owners, etc... are all the same way. You just find some bad apples that are really bias towards their car. I know a couple of Supra owners who are pretty down-to-earth people...

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
i know ALOT of mustang drivers that spit at anything not ford...but i like a little of everything...i hate civics, but a well built civic you have to respect , i cant stand 240's but id buy a sylvia at a blink of an eye...for every kind of car there are the true breed of drivers and the rice breed of drivers:)
it all depends on the reputation..and supras have really good rep's so the driver get cOcky...but now, we have 03 cobras, suprAs better watch out :chicken:

GoatDaddy

Good points, all. There's jackals in every group. I gave a guy in a L a thumbs up once, and he just looked right through me. I gave a guy in an E46 M3 a thumbs up, and he grinned and shot one back at me and my 5.0 Coupe.

MightyMo

Established Member
challenge those idiots to a grudge match at a race track
maybe they'll insert a foot where their mouth is

I'm getting ready to do that with the local Kamero/Firechicken club

Imagine an F body vs SVT Club shoot out in little Chucktown, SC

SVT4ME

Established Member
There are @$$holes that buy all kinds of cars. You may have just ran into a few but am sure the rest are great guys/girls.

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member

Hell no I wouldnt, my dream car is a Sonic 03 Cobra Coupe. I know plenty of places where I am to get TT Supras, hell I know a guy who is selling one for $35K CDN with the full rice kit and everything. Would I ever buy or drive one, hell no. I dont care for them. I respect the power that they can put down, but why is it that all of these 950 hp SUpras can only manage a 10 sec Q?? Bad driver? or bad car? you pick... You put 950 hp in an American car...watch out

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: What the hell is with Supra owners?

Originally posted by El_Diablo
I respect the power that they can put down, but why is it that all of these 950 hp SUpras can only manage a 10 sec Q?? Bad driver? or bad car?
I have heard that most have problems with getting traction. Or maybe that's just bs :shrug:

I'm not completely biased to Ford. I give my props to the cars/drivers who deserve it. But that doesn't mean you'd catch me driving a srt4 or a Evo. I just prefer raw American power.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member

Yeah, I really would. :shrug: Like I said, I love the car, hate some of the attitudes.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by runsalone
Personally I wouldn't drive a supra if it was the only car left on planet earth.
Dont lie now. Just imagine all those long walks. You wouldnt take a Focus if it was the last car though would you? :-D

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Supra

Who makes the Supra and why do you like it? How much hp? How much Torque? Big brakes? IRS rear? Can they out run a '03 Cobra or '03 Z06?

I compete in road racing (12 years) but have never seen one on the track.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Re: Supra

Originally posted by 1995COBRA-R
Who makes the Supra and why do you like it? How much hp? How much Torque? Big brakes? IRS rear? Can they out run a '03 Cobra or '03 Z06?

I compete in road racing (12 years) but have never seen one on the track.

Hahahaha! Stop it!

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I think there is a few bad apples that make "car groups" look bad....I have a real close buddy with a MK3 supra, he's a real open minded about cars and a real ford fan (he has a '64 Galaxie with a FE in it!!!)

I just wish more the the cool supra owners were more vocal than the "snobby" ones!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread