What the hell was security thinking?

J15BIG

Established Member
I went to the mall with a couple friends today. We were in a store that sells girl clothes. Me and my buddy were just hangin out towards the front of the store while the girls shopped. I see this guy walk in and I immediately think what the hell is he doin here. You dont see many dudes in that store alone. Even if you were shopping for your girl friend you would be crazy to try and pick something out for her. Anyway I walk to the back of the store and start talking when all of a sudden my friend comes running up to us and says that the dude just stole a whole bunch of shirts. So she tells the front counter and they go look and sure enough the dude must of taken like 20 shirts. The chicks working there said the shirts had security tags on them so the guy's bag must of been lined with foil. So we continue on our way and we see that same guy again, in different clothes, going into another store. My friends decide to go tell security what was goin on. Secuirty didnt give a shit. They said they couldnt do ne thing unless they saw him steal something. So my other friends went to another security gaurd and he said the same thing. They told him hes doing it right now, if you just got look you will see him putting the clothes in his bag. So the guard leisurely walks to the front of the store, looks in and sees the guy, then walks past the store and does nothing. They ended up talking to 3 gaurds who didnt do a damn thing. This guy no doubt took well over $400 worth of stuff, which here in CA makes it a felony. Secuirty didnt give a shit. Makes me wanna go on a 5 finger shopping spree, your pretty much garunteed not to get caught.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
Probably got sued recently. Probably have uber cautious management.
I was a district loss prevention officer for a large corporation years ago before I was a cop and this particular chain had a super strict LP policy.

We had to observe everything ourselves as well.

1. Selection
2. Concealment
3. Maintain visual contact entire time in store
4. Pass the last point of sale

If these things didn't happen, there was no contact. Things happen. You make a bad stop and you're fired on the spot at this chain. L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y

I'm a cop and I wouldn't have done anything outside of exactly what you and your friends did. It's not worth it for me to get involved off duty. If I ws feeling particularly froggy, I may make some smartass comment to him sntching 20 shirts off of the rack if he were right next to me in the process, but I also don't go anywhere with out a G26 and 28 rounds of Speer GDJHP 147 Grain +P+...

:)

Users who are viewing this thread