What the Police picks on.....

Eddie Z

Established Member
I got pulled over last week for my tinted head lights and tail lights.

I wonder if it was the same cop that nailed me? FHP? Officer Montes? He's pulled me over twice, and has pulled over other friends of mine as well.

Last edited:

CAM09

Established Member

OMFG...I cant get a break, I sent my Headlight and Tail Lights out to my paint guy to get tinted lol this is going to be crazzy, Ill try and get my tint re done because its a mess as of now so...........

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member

dont see why he got you for headlights. but i have recieved warnings for tailights before on several cars i owned. havent had any issues yet so far with the trucks tails. i have GTS smoked covers on them.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I was told that tinted headlights are illegal in all 50 states. I didn't get a straight answer when I said my "tinted" tail lights were just a decal application, that they peel right off, and that my 3rd brake light isn't tinted at all (so I still have 1 completely legal brake light regardless of what the law says).

Either way... I was getting tired of the look, so I just pulled it all off. I don't remember the cop's name. FWIW, he was a really nice guy and really interested in my car!

CAM09

Established Member
I was told that tinted headlights are illegal in all 50 states. I didn't get a straight answer when I said my "tinted" tail lights were just a decal application, that they peel right off, and that my 3rd brake light isn't tinted at all (so I still have 1 completely legal brake light regardless of what the law says).

Either way... I was getting tired of the look, so I just pulled it all off. I don't remember the cop's name. FWIW, he was a really nice guy and really interested in my car!

Well I like the part as far as having a non tinted 3rd brake light, mines will be LED so I should be good, I dont see how there Illegal in all 50 states, I see tons and tons of cars running around with tinted and blacked out headlight and brake lights, so idk if its a law and they just dont really enforce that law or what.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
its like tint laws in FL. 35% is the max but people have more all the time.

If it bugs the officer or they feel that yours is a safety hazard then boom.

RedDemon91

Established Member
its like tint laws in FL. 35% is the max but people have more all the time.

If it bugs the officer or they feel that yours is a safety hazard then boom.

This sums it up. OP, I've also heard that tinted lights are illegal in all 50 states, I just don't think that officers crack down on it that much, at least from what I've seen. Like Virtual said I think it just depends on what mood they may be in that day.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
LOL....well they cant test the tail light or headlight % I mean come on :lol:

We dont have to test the headlights or taillights. Headlight tint is illegal. Taillights must be able to be seen at a certain distance.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I fail to see why anyone in their right mind would tint their headlights anyways, especially to the point of needing HID's to blast their way through the darkness. Theoretically, if someone were involved in a night time accident and the D.A. found out that the headlights and/or windshield were tinted, couldn't that be another charge? Or, maybe increase a charge?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I fail to see why anyone in their right mind would tint their headlights anyways, especially to the point of needing HID's to blast their way through the darkness. Theoretically, if someone were involved in a night time accident and the D.A. found out that the headlights and/or windshield were tinted, couldn't that be another charge? Or, maybe increase a charge?

It would be a lot of things including a solid negligence suit.

JasonSnake

Established Member
All my tickets in FL were legit. But never had any tickets for loud exhaust (probably because I was running tasteful exhaust instead of raspy & loud SLP's). In fact, when I had the 95 GT with BBK LT's, H and original Flows, I had a couple of cops compliment the sound.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member

halfscale2130

Established Member
I've been pulled over three times at night for no other reason than "looking suspicious."
I was driving down 441 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread