What the red headed stepchild can do.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Now it may drive the wrong wheels and be set up for road racing and autocross but the 4 door family car can bring a little something to the straight line show.
Enough to embarass a fair number of folks and catch a lot more off guard.

I caught a perfect day at our local POS track and ripped off a serious personal best.
I had the car field stripped and was running Nitto DRs. The latter of which helped me shear an axle on run 3. (damn POS FWD! :burn: )

R/T: .124
60' : 2.057
330 : 5.786
1/8 : 8.789 @ 82.23
1000': 11.371
1/4: 13.476 @ 101.96

Needless to say I was beyond estatic ripping that off in the family mobile.

The C5 Corvette in the lane next to me was probably thinking he had a couple cylinders removed because after I treed the hell out of him it took him nearly the entire track to catch me. He did run a 13.2 but only had maybe 1-2 car lengths on me at the finish.

My next run was a hot lap as I went directly back onto the burnout pad. I bogged the launch (nearly 2 tenths slower 60' :sleeping: ) and still mustered a 13.7 including to sloppy 1-2 shift.

Then came run 3. I had some cool down time and iced the intake for good measure. (you can normally cook off our intake manifold)
I did a hellacious burnout and loaded the tires with rubber (I know I picked it all off latter ;-) )
I did a nice launch from 4500 rpm and the car hooked like nothing else and then the old FWD thing bit my ass because as I rolled to full thottle the rpms pegged but the car slowed down. YEAH. Sheared the driver's side axle right at the transmission. :bash:

So the moral of the story is 4 doors can be quick and definitely are fun but FWD always will suck for drag racing.

The car's already back on the road with a new axle but I doubt I'll be pushing to break the 2.0 60' barrier like I was thinking about before.

Hurray for wrong wheel drive!!! :rolling: :coolman:

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
not to be a hater but you have a hefty mod list for 102mph. ever think about buying a better go fast platform? again no hate, i drive a shitbox too, but it's a turbo shitbox.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The big difference is your's is actually a shitbox while mine looks good and is actually setup for autocrossing and road racing. No hating of course. :dw:

Hefty mod list for gaining 11-12mph in trap speed on a small displacement normally aspirated engine??? It's not like it's pulling a lightweight chassis.
I'm sure running at our POS track doesn't help (KCIR is near 1100' though the weather was superb for here)

I could throw on a hair dryer and trap teens easily. It was my original goal way back when.
However my car already has more power then the platform can put down.

I have never been a dyno or drag queen person. Those people are clueless or just have too much money to burn.

If you can't put the power down "in real life" it's worthless and what road doesn't have turns and if it doesn't, FIND a different one... :idea:

I have always been about power under the curve, handling, braking, et cetera.

If I was going to build a true project car is would be a RWD coupe and thus not waste any money on a FWD platform. However since I have to act somewhat responsible and own a 4 door, I build what I have. Also since I do all my own work and design it is more than rewarding in and of itself.
Just like what my signature states.

Also there is the part about being unique and not driving a cookie cutter car like everyone else. Even my last "real" car was unique (89 Conquest) Everyone owns the "all-too-common" cars so why be a sheep like everyone else...

Hey even the wife's shitbox commuter car is modified. Why? If you have to ask you will never understand anyway... :p

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
i see where you are coming from. i can appreciate your points, but at what point is reward not worth the time/money/effort? regardless, congrats on the new best, i am sure you suprise a lot of people

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
I think Greg did great work. Knocking 2 whole seconds off your ET with NA engine mods is a great acomplishment if you ask me.

These fools on here just don't know a good thing when they see it.

Users who are viewing this thread