What tire pressure for DR's on the street & track?

ToddEdge

Established Member
I just installed some 315-30-18 BFG G-FORCE T/A Drag radials on 18x10 Saleen wheels. The shop put 30 psi in the tires. I'm curious what psi folks are running on the street and what you are dropping it to at the track?

Thanks,
Todd

Chuckie B

Established Member
How are you liking these tires so far? All depends on what ur looking for. Mileage or traction when you need it..I keep my MT drs at 18-20 so I can attempt to hook if I need it.

Jefe

Established Member
I street the car at 40 psi and track the car at 15 psi. 315/35/17 MT DRs
How are your teeth? Any left? :dw: That thing has to ride rough

I run 34-35 front and 28-30 rear psi on the street. Lower psi in the back helps them hook up better. Never been to the track :)

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Todd,

I had those tires on my old car. Best results i had was 30psi on the street 25psi at the track.

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
How are your teeth? Any left? :dw: That thing has to ride rough

I run 34-35 front and 28-30 rear psi on the street. Lower psi in the back helps them hook up better. Never been to the track :)

Ha, it's not too bad. I don't do any pulls or races on the street so it's not an issue usually. And most of the time the only time the car is out is for meets or track days.

ian04

Established Member
i would say 30 on the street and no less than 20 at track but u really probly wont see a differance a 315 30 18 bfg has a stiff ass sidwall anyways its a short tire no give in it

Users who are viewing this thread