What Tires are you using now ??

Trblmkr

Established Member
It's about time for me to replace my BF Goodrich T/A Comp tires.. I was looking at the KDW's, then I started looking at the Pilot A/S's.

I'd like to know what you guys have tried in the past, and what you are using now, and which you feel are better?

Normally I'd just go with OEM, but these suckers wore out too quick for my tastes. Maybe it's because of my aggressive driving habit :)

Normally I'd just go with Dry handling as the main factor, but with as much rain as we've hadn in the Northern Virginia area, I have to look at the Wet side of the factor as well. So I guess you guys from Fl, Ga, Ms, and some of the other states that deal with rain on a daily basis could offer up some good info.

We did have a GOOD amount of snow fall this past winter, so I'm hoping I won't see that for a while.

Let me know your suggestions

also posted this in the SVT Room as well for my '01 Cobra
Thanks

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
i wouldnt be too much help with tires for up there. In Texas weather, the BFG g-force kdw tires rock. they hook up well and last decently. They hook up better than most other tires in in class. The nittos are pretty good and see a lot of them for drag radials, but not as much for street tires. The dunlop sp sport 5000 tires last ok and hook well and are a lot cheaper than most. BTW--- I used to sell tires for Sams. :)

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
Although I was partial to BFG's Comp T/A . I am currently running a set of Michelin Pilot's on my GT, these have been by far the best set of tires I've owned. Handling is ideal, it's almost like having a "sedan" type ride without sacrificing the performance of a Z rated tire.
Probably the only negative about these tires are the price tags!!
Kind of high, but IMHO well worth the $$$ once you get behind the wheel:beer:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
255/45-17 G-force KDW. Awesome tire, way better than OEM. It doesn't appear to be wearing as well as OEM, and I'm fairly easy on them.

Trblmkr

Established Member
Lots of good infor guys... I'm researching all of the suggestions your making to narrow it down. So far it looks like it's coming down between the Pilots, KDW's and Nitto 555's.

Love to hear some more input...:burnout:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
IMO, aviod the Mich. Pilots. They are an excellent tire and have superb wet traction and a generally luxurious for Z-rated tire feel, BUT, they are well-known for bad tire hop in the more agressive driving styles. I have had too many ppl come back and buy the BFG's, which are coincidentally made by the same exact company...., and cost a hell of a lot less.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Bridgestone Potenza Pole position SO-3
These are in my future mated to the 18x8.5 & 18x10 BBS RK wheels in plasma finish

Trblmkr

Established Member
Okay, I've narrowed it down to the BFG T/A KDW's and the Michellin Pilot Sport A/S

Price is not a factor since I just checked yesterday and I can get them both for $220 locally.

I'm leanging more towards the Pilot's since they do have a bit better tread wear then the KDW's..

Users who are viewing this thread