What to buy hci 95 cobra or stock 98 cobra

southport2014

Established Member
Looking at buying a 95 cobra. Has aluminum heads custom cam and cobra intake. Gears exhuast. Or a stock 98 cobra. Both are same price and have similar miles 98k . Both 7500 . What to buy and is it worth it.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Your preference really. Having owned both, I preferred my 94 cobra to my 96 cobra, parts are cheap. Being that the 95 has HCI and gears, there is alot of fun to be had there, it gets my vote.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Depends on what your goals are and what you want out of it.

The 95, in it's current form is no doubt the faster car, so if you want the fastest cheapest option right now, go for the 95.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Do you think the 95 is worth the price as well. Exterior is 9/10 and interior is 9/10

With the limited knowledge I have, Yes, I believe so...car looks great, runs great?, no issues to speak off...I'd get an inspection done at a Ford dealership and if the seller is "asking" $7500, I'd offer less.

I bought my 96 cobra with 58k miles for I think $6k or $6500, can't remember anymore...had full exhaust only. Just for your reference.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Agree with these guys, depends on preference. Mod motors are fun and have a lot of potential but aren't cheap. The 5.0 has a larger, more affordable aftermarket, and you're already on your way. High end revs vs low end grunt.

Both seem a fair price based on your description.

Users who are viewing this thread