What to do after sticker removal?

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
So I decided to take the sticker racing stripes off the mustang today. It turned out nice, but I now have the residue and the paint doesnt match. I was wondering if there was something I could use to basicly strip the cars clear coat while keeping the shine. Any info would be great. Thanks.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
stripping the clear coat!?!?!? yu wont have a shine after that...i would try some paint correction to see if you can get the residue off...

redrocket16

Established Member
No offense, but if the stripes are on an older car I think you may have messed up. Paint fades pretty good and you will see the outline of where the stripes used to be if the car is a little older.

You can try a clay bar and possibly an eraser wheel to help but you must be careful if you use one of those.

Pictures will help a ton btw.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
^

That info started out as correct. If your stripes were vinyl, the years they sat on the car they acted as UV protection for the paint underneath. So when you pulled them off the paint was still fresh and unfaded compared to the non-striped areas. You can try paint correction if the surrounding paint is good enough to match things up, but odds are you are still going to see the outline of the stripes until the paint fades to match.

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
Appreciate the info. It had the gold stripes that came on the 40th anniversay and needless to say I did not like them. I will give it a try and see what I can do. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread