what to do next? 04 cobra KB

whiteguy

Established Member
I have a 04 cobra with a kenne bell 2.2. I have kb booost a pump, running 42lb injectors, gen 1 moto pullys, spec stage 3 clutch, borlia stinger exhaust, x pipe, tuned...515hp on dyno i am wanting to get up around 560? headers, bigger injectors, what should i do?

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Gonna need a fuel system soon. You can eek out some more power but I bet that stock fuel pump with the kenne bell boostapump will run out soon.
Upgrade to the twin GT pumps, fore fuel hat, Fpdm w harness, injectors, smaller pulley and a retune. There's no cheap way to make much more power than you are.

whiteguy

Established Member
hey thanks I will go with injectors and upgrade fuel system for a start. I am runing 12lbs of boost. I just dont want to destroy the pistons for the time being. Trying to get some extra cash then i will replace pistons and rods. then i will go after more hp.

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
hey thanks I will go with injectors and upgrade fuel system for a start. I am runing 12lbs of boost. I just dont want to destroy the pistons for the time being. Trying to get some extra cash then i will replace pistons and rods. then i will go after more hp.

Run that thing around 18/20psi, upgrade your fuel system, and have some fun.:banana:

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
With the upgraded fuel system you will be able to add 100 more whp.
Id do a search for kenne bell 2.2 in the terminator section.
You can check for the guys that also run that blower, what upgrades they have completed and see what you can expect.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Yeah, def pushing towards the limits of those 42s. If you dont have the budget for a full fuel system because that certainly aint cheap, just upping to 60 pounders and a lil more boost will net you some good numbers. Once you max the pumps you can start sinking good money into fuel upgrades

My2003Mach1

Established Member
that helps alot thanks

17lbs boost should get you to 600+ HP.... when i had a D1-SC i ran 17lbs boost, 13* timing at 624 RWHP..... "you can do it" !!:banana:

But i would certianly recomend, upgraded fuel pumps, FDPM ( modified, i can show you how to do it yourself, i did mine) Go with Ford Racing 80 lb injectors. ( they can control the pulse with a tune ) Long tubes... ( sorry didnt see that you had them or not)

My stang is @ 724 RWHP "safely tuned" ONLY 13* timing... on pump gas Spinning/ buring out on the Dyno!!

Think , if i up the timing and boost, run race fuel, turn up the Methanol, hummm im into 800+ RWHP range.....

More Fuel, More boost, lastly KEEPING IT COOL!! Methanol!!!!!! less timing MORE BOOST!!! i got a snow preformance stage 3 set up....

Good luck my friend.. any questions LMK

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
...KEEPING IT COOL!! Methanol!!!!!! less timing MORE BOOST!!! i got a snow preformance stage 3 set up.....

The twin screw/roots blowers do not respond the same way that Centri blowers/turbos respond to Methanol. You will not get the gains you get from Centri/Turbos and meth on a TS/roots. Gains are usually very small if not at all. If you want to run more timing or more boost you will be a lot better off running E85 than Meth for so many reasons.

04bgsnake

Established Member
The stock fuel pump will handle it. I just put a kb2.8 on my 04 and it is doing fine. On a very stingy SAE dyno, I got 553 at 16 lbs and 590 at 19 lbs without much timing. It would do more, but it is tuned very safe. I did upgrade to 60 lb inj. to handle the fuel need though

Users who are viewing this thread