Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Keep the coupe

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Ok you little ****ers, I have been offered a 48 sport coupe. 350/Pglide tagged and inspected, fully restored. It was clipped with a 79 Z 28 clip, meaning brakes and steering. I know its not up to date, but its on the right track. I could spend another 6k and swap it out to a LSX T56 with 4 wheel disc, and have a EFI car that is totally reliable. I want to take my son to route 66 since his favorite movie is CARS. I can trade my 93 SSP coupe which NADA has worth at average value, 1, 572.00. The 48 in average, is worth 10k.

I will be doing a LSX swap, and its already fully restored. All it would need is a rear disc brake change some bigger front discs, and some better wheels. What would you do here? No one seems to want a x cop car, and I can understand, but this car is clean, straight, and the doors and trunk shut smooth. Would you let your low 12 second coupe go? I have a 85 Coupe that all it is waiting is a 408, and a trans. I know it is not a 55-57 chevy, but I had a 40 chevy truck about 12 years ago, that was given to me on my 16th b day, and I sold it and got into fox bodies. I have regretted it since nearly day one. My grandpa gave it to me, and he is super excited for me to get back into a 40's vehicle. It is super clean, new interior, tagged and inspected. I really do not know what I should do here. My car is fast, has a/c a OD and I can trust it to go anywhere, and then run a low 12. My ultimate question is, what would you do? Trade or no trade?

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I will spend at least that much getting my car that dependable.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Break that up into a few paragraphs or so will ya? My brain hurts from looking at it.

I say trade. :shrug:

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
If this is a 48 Ford, get it. Those were the last year of the early art deco style. My favorite 1940's car is the 1942 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible, the classiest convertible I have ever lain eyes on.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Break that up into a few paragraphs or so will ya? My brain hurts from looking at it.

I say trade. :shrug:
I'm sorry, I was typing that out on my phone last night.
If this is a 48 Ford, get it. Those were the last year of the early art deco style. My favorite 1940's car is the 1942 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible, the classiest convertible I have ever lain eyes on.

It is not a Ford, it is a Chevy.

Users who are viewing this thread