What to do when your chrome wheels need refinishing?

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
My chrome rims have seen better days. They look nice from about ten feet, but closer up you can see that they are tarnished, bubbled, and even flaking in some spots. What should I do now? Anybody have any good shops that do rechroming or maybe powdercoating?

Thanks,

Cito

03 Zinc Rocket

Established Member
IMO, it will cost almost as much to have them rechromed or powder coated as you could buy a set of AFS's for. Unless you are attached to them because they are the original wheels or something, AFS or OE concepts is the way to go.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
further question about chrome

I just bought a set of chrome wheels from OE concepts and wondering if I should do anything right off to help protect them? is this a good time to put on some chrome wheel wax, does that stuff do anything for real?
I am just trying to prevent them from peeling, bubbling, flaking, etc. thanks for all the help

Jon,,

trueblueeyes

Established Member
There is a shop near me in Jackson, MS that refinishes wheels for about $70.00 a wheel. I've never seen their chrome work, but a friend had the Cobra wheels on his 96 Mystic redone and they look terrific. They also chromed his stock intake and it looks great. I can call and find out the name of the shop if anyone is interested and post it later this weekend.

Melissa

Users who are viewing this thread