What to do with $8000 and a 2012 GT500?

Blackmax

Established Member
Don't forget safety! Driveshaft and loop, tranny shield, axles, studs and roll bar with seat belts add another bag of money. Suspension goodies and racing wheels and tires another bag of money. You need more bags of money to make a new car work. :burnout:

majmacv

Back in the Saddle
Established Member
Just installed an upper 2.59, C&R H/E, Lund Tune, 4.10's and BMR Springs, installed for $1900.00, with a marked if not dramatic change in SOTP feel. Yea, I did the bolt-on trip, but it really makes a diff for the money, and even at this power level i'm in need of suspension mods for any real performance gain....You could do ALOT of suspension mods with the remaining 6K...Just a thought.

BOD89LX

Established Member
So how in the world do you use 1st or 2nd gear with 4.10's and can you finish the 1/4 mile in 4th?

Just installed an upper 2.59, C&R H/E, Lund Tune, 4.10's and BMR Springs, installed for $1900.00, with a marked if not dramatic change in SOTP feel. Yea, I did the bolt-on trip, but it really makes a diff for the money, and even at this power level i'm in need of suspension mods for any real performance gain....You could do ALOT of suspension mods with the remaining 6K...Just a thought.

BigDan

Established Member
So how in the world do you use 1st or 2nd gear with 4.10's and can you finish the 1/4 mile in 4th?

Stock PP 20's (27.85") in 4th gear with 4.10's hit the rev limiter at 126mph, and 132mph with 305/35/20's and raising the rev limiter to safe 6,400 rpm.

OP, I would personally get the 2013 with the $8,000 you have burning a hole in your pocket.

breoland

Established Member
Best bang for the buck is pick up a ford TVS for 2700 and bolt it right on. dont think you need a tune for it because the stock mass air meter should not have an issue. that should put you to about 580 to 600 to the rear wheels. Get a good set of tires to handle the HP.
if more hp is desired, long tubes, lower pulley, fuel inj, t/b and better fuel pumps should get you to the 700 mark with the right tune for 3200 more roughly and someone to do the instal which everything is an easy bolt on, except for the long tubes

majmacv

Back in the Saddle
Established Member
BOD89LX, initially 4.10's seem like overkill, but at my elevation (4000ft) and horrible DA in the summer they help! Although I haven't been to the track yet, calculations have the ratio at 6200 in 4th at the end of the 1/4.....You're right about 1st and second on the stock tires! Drag radial are on my list....

BOD89LX

Established Member
Makes sense now at that DA.

BOD89LX, initially 4.10's seem like overkill, but at my elevation (4000ft) and horrible DA in the summer they help! Although I haven't been to the track yet, calculations have the ratio at 6200 in 4th at the end of the 1/4.....You're right about 1st and second on the stock tires! Drag radial are on my list....

SVTPete83

Established Member
im gonna be the one on the other side. i say As a DD leave it mostly stock.

I vote for this. Use the 8 k and buy a decent daily driver. Than save up and do some serious mods. I learned the hard way that you can't have your dd be your fun fast car

Users who are viewing this thread