What to do?

F8LVNM

Established Member
I want the car to be fast as hell, but still want it to be somewhat of a every day ride.I would really like to go turbo, but I know it takes some cash.I also love those KB cobras and their somewhat less $$$.So should I just wait longer and go turbo or get the KB and save the extra $$$.

MTI LS1

Unless you want 750+rwhp I would definately go with the KB. Less expensive, easy install and the car remains total driveability.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
BigZach said:
Unless you want 750+rwhp I would definately go with the KB. Less expensive, easy install and the car remains total driveability.
+1 for street ability and cheaper Kenne Bell is your friend. :rockon: Better get all the supporting mods first though. That's what I'm doing now.

F8LVNM

Established Member
When I got my pully and tune I told the guy that I was thinking of getting a KB and he said if your going to spend that much $$$ I should just go turbo.

Juiced-03

Established Member
save a little longer and get a turbo! 580-600rwhp will probably get old after a while. The turbo will allow you to turn up the boost on demand when you have race gas! 700? 800? 900rwhp? No limit to what you can do.

Keep saving!

F8LVNM

Established Member
Thats one other reason why I would like to go turbo b/c I dont want to get a KB an then want more.How much more $$$ do yall think it is to go turbo then KB.

Juiced-03

Established Member
F8LVNM said:
Thats one other reason why I would like to go turbo b/c I dont want to get a KB an then want more.How much more $$$ do yall think it is to go turbo then KB.

at least double what you paid for the KB. I think the Hellion kit is around $6600 without injectors, but it comes with everything else. Most kits come with everything you need, so if you need to delete a part (like MAF, K member, etc) you can minus that from the total cost.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Take it from a KB owner...go the turbo route! 600rwhp sucks. Even nitrous on top of the KB sucks. It's just not enough power.

F8LVNM

Established Member
The only thing that sucks is I will have to wait longer, but it should be worth it.Thanks for all the help guys.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Are you kidding? If I had the option of getting a Turbo when I put my KB on I would have jumped on it. You can make more power easier and not to mention its actually less stressful on your internals. Go turbo man!

F8LVNM

Established Member
So all my mods on my car would have to go? What kind of hp# sould I be looking for if I do go turbo at diff boost.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
F8LVNM said:
So with a single turbo set up I should see 600,700,800 RANGE at diff boost levels.
Correct, but once you get around 700...you better start thinkin about pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread