what to do

corn4all

Need some help. I just bought a 2003 cobra vert. It already has a K&N filter setup. I need to know what to do next. Do i go with a sc pulley if so what size and what exhaust is recommended. I dont wanna go crazy with mods though. I just need some some to get me started.
Thanks

redsvtcobra

Established Member
There is HUGE amounts of information to answer all your questions. This is all accessible via search!

99SVTcobraVERT

get exhaust, myself and a lot of the guys on here prefer bassani (it is more expensive but very good quality and great sound) but honestly all catback systems are within few hp/tq of each other so whatever your ear choice. jlt makes the best intake around period but not cheap for his cold air. i have a densecharger that made good power for 50 bucks if you want it.

2.80 or 2.93 (commonly known as the lightning pulley because it is stock size as lightning truck sc pulley) is most popluar. anything smaller than 2.93 really doesnt make big hp difference up top but it does make more tq down low because of added boost early. the eaton is not effiecient blower so it will make max boost and then start falling off by 4k rpms. this is normal so dont freak. i would advise an aux idler to help with belt wrap so it doesnt slip. then get a gates 74.5 or 74 5/8 (all i could find) inch replacement belt. get an sct xcal 2 and have it dyno tuned.

next stage for power is lower pulley which come in size of 2lb to 10lb (2lb = 2psi increase , 4lb= 4psi increase etc etc) but before you do lower you need to do some other mods for the heat. heat exchanger radiator (lfp or afco is most popular) and its not bad idea to get a larger coolant resevior for the intercooler to have more volume of liquid to keep it cooler. and most say port the blower before you add more then 15psi to the eaton because of the horrible heat. you can find info all over the site for steig ports. stage IV adds 50rwhp and 15tq. lightningforceperformance.com is for the heat exchanger and resevior.

used to be that steeda or the all mighty pro 5.0 was shifter of choice. but seems that mgw is the sh*t because of postion and ability to be adjusted. lunar series or nv series autometer match good to our stock gauges at night. most popular are boost and fuel pressure. their is a new wideband o2 a/f out now as well. there is also a cool new digital tach/shift light in the form of a pillar mount gauge out on autometer.com as well. as far as looks go most do wheels (fr500's,saleen's,steeda's,ctr's,bbs plasma,etc etc) tires for best grip are the drag radial bfg's but have very little life spand. great grip and decent life are the nitto 555r drag radials. you can go up to a 315 on your stock rim with the nitto.

usually guys drop the cobra's 1 inch - 1.5 inches h&r, steeda,eibach all good companies but you will def have to do search for pics of what stance you like. some require combo's of front and rears from other companies. you want to do irs bushings and brace as minimum for helping reduce wheel hop.

hood mod involves mod'ing your hood blanket to allow scoops to do their job. either take out blanket which wont hurt anything or cut the holes out.

good sites:
lightningforceperformance.com
steeda.com
rpmoutlet.com
www.jlttruecoldair.com

ViciousJay

Established Member
dude since you dont wanna go crazy heres what to get

1. exhaust
2. IRS brace
3. pulley and a tuner, and colder plugs
4. subframes
5. a tire

should come out to be a little less then 2K

call it a day...no need to waste money on reseviors and H/E... ive done just fine without them.... i recently bought a H/E but thats cuz i got a steal of a price on it

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Gladiator said:
dude since you dont wanna go crazy heres what to get

1. exhaust
2. IRS brace
3. pulley and a tuner, and colder plugs
4. subframes
5. a tire

should come out to be a little less then 2K

call it a day...no need to waste money on reseviors and H/E... ive done just fine without them.... i recently bought a H/E but thats cuz i got a steal of a price on it

what he said

Users who are viewing this thread