What To DO ?

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
So decision time. Ok the best I could come up with is 5k over. Its really less when I figure that I would of had a small loan for a few years. My 03 trade in is a bit more then I would have hoped for so the truth is its really a total of 3k over with the 0% and xtra trade in value. I dont think this car will be sticker for a while yet. Or do I order an08, wait howeverlong and change a few options as well as lose the 0%.. Its not really a question of if I could do a few k over but weather Im comfortable doing it. Ive waited this long so either I have to go foward and be done with it or deal with dealers for a bit longer. With the trade in its not so easy to find a car 1000 miles away and pull this off. Any input, bring it on.
Thanks

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Well I was wondering what the affect would be on buying an 07 model this late in the model year over ordering an 08 and getting it early in the model year. I mean when you drive the car off the lot, it's a year old already. I guess you could look at it this way, or look at it like "hey, by the time the middle of the 08 model year is here, you'll have an 07 with very few miles on it". Which is the better scenario....?

primetime

Established Member
Take the 0%. With the $'s you will save in interest you could add the few upgrades from the 08, like the HID's.

$40,000 at 0% over 5 years is $40,000 - $667 payment
$40,000 at 5% over 5 years is $45,291 - $755 payment (assumes 60 monthly payments)

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Damn I completely missed the 0% part of your post. Are you talking about Fords 0% offer for 36mos, or you have another 0% deal? If you can afford the 0% deal, then I agree with Primetime, go for it.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Its actually0% for 36months minus my 03term trade in plus a few bucks so its about 1600 off the finance charge that the truth is I would have paid anyway. So looking at it like that its like 3400 over sticker. I was also wondering the same about getting an 07 this late in the year. The way I look at it its NOT an investment. If its ever worth anything substantially more then purchase price I dont think Ill be on the earth at that time. What there cars are IMHO are is to be driven. Well Ill make the decesion relatively soon today.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i would get the 07 and beable to drive it "NOW", but i have very little patience so i am biased. but 5k over is still a good price considering that average i think is around 10 or so right? i don't keep up with it since i already have one. but i think that you need to do whatever suits you best money wise. the 08's will still have an ADM on them too right? if this is true then your best bet is the 07 @ 5k over @ 0%, i also believe that the 0% will only apply to the MSRP right? you may need to consider that too.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Fears I was thinking along those lines as well and Im not financing this car entirely so the adm doesnt matter with the 0%. Im also glad to see your car that you have now is on . The thread about the one that passed away was rough. But let me ask you going from terminator to GT500, what would your assesment be. Or anyone else that wants to chime in for that matter.
Thanks

POINTCOVER

Established Member
ROBSNAKE said:
Fears I was thinking along those lines as well and Im not financing this car entirely so the adm doesnt matter with the 0%. Im also glad to see your car that you have now is on . The thread about the one that passed away was rough. But let me ask you going from terminator to GT500, what would your assesment be. Or anyone else that wants to chime in for that matter.
Thanks

Traded 03 for Shelby. Its worth it.

Just do it.

COBRA32

Established Member
When i had the 03 I was always looking and test driving other new cars. When I got the Shelby I quit looking all together not interested in anything else. It is well worth it still puts a smile on my face and I have had it almost for a year now.

Users who are viewing this thread