What to do?

724COBRA

Established Member
I am planning on running a stage 3 ported eaton. I am buying a stage 3 that already has a BF 2.8 pulley. I bought a used Metco lower kit that has a 6lb lower. I was originally planning on going with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. Now that I have a 6lb lower should i go with a larger upper, if so, what size is the same as the 2.8/4lb combo or should I try and trade my 6lb ring for a 4lb?Would there be a difference between the two combos?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
uhh, ya there is a difference between a 4lb and 6lb ring. If you go with a 6lber I would get a 3.1 or stock pulley back on there.. May want to get a new alternator pulley. Just a thought... Post up you numbers with whatever combo you go with

724COBRA

Established Member
uhh, ya there is a difference between a 4lb and 6lb ring. If you go with a 6lber I would get a 3.1 or stock pulley back on there.. May want to get a new alternator pulley. Just a thought... Post up you numbers with whatever combo you go with

Thanks man. I know there is a difference between the 4 and 6lb. Maybe I didn't word the question well. I needed to know what upper pulley to run with the 6lb (3.1, i see) and if there is a difference between running the 2.8/4lb combo and the 3.1/6lb combo. I am also going with all the supporting mods including the alternator pulley.

724COBRA

Established Member
hey, If I go with a 2.93/6lb with an aux idler, do I need to change the alternator pulley. Cobra bob's website says to use the stock alternator pulley with that combo. Is that correct? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread