What to do?

wrenchhead46

Established Member
Whats up everyone? I just got a ticket on the way back from school...1:48am for a 90 in a 65. First off, I had no idea I was going that fast! The officer asked me where I was coming from and where I was going and told me I was going 90. I told him I was coming from school and I was just about home (2 exits away) and that I had no idea of my speed. He then left and had already written up the ticket when he came back. Normally for me this would be somewhat said and done but maybe one of you knows if this situation might be different...? My phsycologist just prescribed me a medication, essentially a tranquilizer, and im not quite used to it(kind of dazes me a little). In fact this situation is most likely the cause of it. I don't speed in SUV's which is what I was driving at the time. I tried to explain this to the officer but he wouldn't have it. Any thoughts on if the judge will throw it out if I have a note from my doctor or something of the sort? Thanks, Wrenchhead46:shrug:

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Probably not, any medication that impairs your ability to operate a motor vehicle your not supposed to well operate any, same as when you go into court, they will not let you testify if your ability to think is affected by medication.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by wrenchhead46
Whats up everyone? I just got a ticket on the way back from school...1:48am for a 90 in a 65. First off, I had no idea I was going that fast! The officer asked me where I was coming from and where I was going and told me I was going 90. I told him I was coming from school and I was just about home (2 exits away) and that I had no idea of my speed. He then left and had already written up the ticket when he came back. Normally for me this would be somewhat said and done but maybe one of you knows if this situation might be different...? My phsycologist just prescribed me a medication, essentially a tranquilizer, and im not quite used to it(kind of dazes me a little). In fact this situation is most likely the cause of it. I don't speed in SUV's which is what I was driving at the time. I tried to explain this to the officer but he wouldn't have it. Any thoughts on if the judge will throw it out if I have a note from my doctor or something of the sort? Thanks, Wrenchhead46:shrug:

You need to get your facts straight, "psychologists" dont prescribe medication as they are NOT physicians. Also it is illegal in most states to drive while impaired and that does include the use of prescription medications.

I think if you use that tactic you will be digging yourself a bigger hole!

Good Luck

sbro712

Established Member
If you go to court and use that tactic, you will get hammered! You have just admitted to DWI (or DUI in some states).

wrenchhead46

Established Member
Physcologist/psychiatrist, sorry I didnt specify further. I just started the medication and didnt realize it was impairing my abilities...I would guess you are right though, I dont want to make things worse. By the way, I was just asking for help so the, "I think you need to get your facts straight," comment is a bit unneccessary since I said nothing that should warrant that type of attitude. Thanks for the help though! I think I'l just use traffic school for this one! Take it easy guys!:thumbsup:
Wrenchhead46

Users who are viewing this thread