what to grind irs bolt??

2003 Silver

Banned
WDW MKR said:
You won't be rolling your eyes if one of your wheels dips into a large pothole, or you're driving in an excited manner and happen to come upon a crest in the road. I've accidentally unloaded my suspension on a couple of occassions. It may sound like an impossibility, but you'll really wish you took the extra step when that bolt decides to catch the inner sidewall of your tire. Our rear wheels articulate much more than a standard axle. Crossing certain inclines at enough of an approach angle could be enough to partially unload a rear tire. Why take the risk?! :shrug:

I know the roads enough around my area to know where and when I am going to get on it etc.....that being said, I will probably grind them down when I swap out my IRS bushings. Thanks for the heads-up! :beer:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
my car is also lowered with those 335's. I shaved the bolt, not because it rubs but because when it gets put on a lift as the suspension unloads the rim/tire would nick the edge of the bolt. If it wasnt for that I wouldnt have had to do anything.

2004Serpent

Established Member
2003Slobra said:
Damnit! I never even thought of that situation. I am glad you brought that to my attention! Would it be easier to buy new bolts and grind down the head, or jack the car up and grind them down with a dremel?

If you are willing to make a day of this you could count me in :burnout:

send me an e-mail

[email protected]

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Kool03Vert said:
What size is the bolt? I want to buy one grind it...
Not a bad idea, just don't go buy a normal hardware store bolt. The factory bolt has some unique characteristics. Just buy a pair of bolts from Ford for a few bucks. Part # N802293-S60. Cost is about $4.50 each through fordpartsnetwork.com (plus shipping).

2003 Silver

Banned
Take your car to a local gas station with a lift and have them do it....very easyand quick....literally 2 minutes tops for both. Shouldn't cost more than 10-20 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread