What to use to clean the Alcantara cloth on my seats?

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
Wife spilled soda on the passenger seat and didn't tell me. I drive a company car to work and didn't notice it for a few days. It is now dried into the material. Needless to say, she is now on Cobra restriction! Please help as I am afraid to use the wrong product and damage the material. Thanks.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
It'll come out, no big deal. Mix up some whoolite and water at 5:1. Try blotting it, rather than rubbing it. You can mess with the dilution rate to make it stronger if you have too, but don't go crazy and always test in an inconspicuous spot first. I use the bottom of my back seat for a test spot. I just pull it out and turn it upside down. If the Woolite doesn't do it, you can try Folex Instant Carpet Spot Removal mixed 1:1. You have to be very careful with what you use as a tool too. Don't scrub because you'll scratch the surface and never get rid of it.
Use microfiber. If none of that works, you can try a steam cleaner, but you'll probably have to do the entire seat to keep the color uniform.
Another option is a product called Sonax Xtreme Phone upholstery cleaner. I've never used it but I've heard from some BMW guys that it's good stuff and safe on Alcantara.
If all else fails, go to a shoe / leather store and get some foam suede cleaner and suede brush.

Last edited:

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
It'll come out, no big deal. Mix up some whoolite and water at 5:1. Try blotting it, rather than rubbing it. You can mess with the dilution rate to make it stronger if you have too, but don't go crazy and always test in an inconspicuous spot first. I use the bottom of my back seat for a test spot. I just pull it out and turn it upside down. If the Woolite doesn't do it, you can try Folex Instant Carpet Spot Removal mixed 1:1. You have to be very careful with what you use as a tool too. Don't scrub because you'll scratch the surface and never get rid of it.
Use microfiber. If none of that works, you can try a steam cleaner, but you'll probably have to do the entire seat to keep the color uniform.
Another option is a product called Sonax Xtreme Phone upholstery cleaner. I've never used it but I've heard from some BMW guys that it's good stuff and safe on Alcantara.
If all else fails, go to a shoe / leather store and get some foam suede cleaner and suede brush.

Thank you sir. I'll try them in order. You are the man.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread