What TSBs are out right now

El Culebra

Established Member
Look I'm sorry if I may offend some folks however I am sick and tired of reading about the problems with these cars I like the car just don't like the problems.

The dealers really crack me up they don't know much about nothng especially the service reps put an SVT sticker and off you go.

Could someone please post a response regarding all TSBs.

What work was done?

Were you pleased?

How many TSBs to date?

Mm

VENOM650R

Established Member
All the TSBs will be out in 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks..............................................sorry I STALLED....then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks th.................................sorry STALLED AGAIN....en 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2.................................woops STALLED AGAIN......weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks and so on and so on and so on..........................................................................................................................................STALLED..................................................... STALLED..........................STALLED.........NO BRAKES..............NO STEERING..........CRASHED..........then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks.........................................................................................................................................................................................................2006 COBRA.......STALLS........STALLS.......TSB in 2 weeks..........then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks...............STALLED............then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks then 2 weeks..................STALLED................STALLED.................................................................................................................STALLED..........................................................:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
TSB's

Funny, in replying to your request, and rereading this list, I just noticed I have recently experienced:

03-15-1 AUG 03 Rear Window Defroster - Inoperative

My last month dealer fix worked well for:

03-9-5 MAY 03 Suspension - Rear Suspension Clunk/Pop Noise

On the same visit the dealer "fix" for this, made the problem much worse:

02-17-8 SEP 02 Interior - 'A' Pillar Area Wind Noise

Last edited:

VENOM650R

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Wow is that normal. Seems like alot

Not for a Ford. The number would be higher but Ford tries to ignore the problems as long as they can....they call it quality is job 1. Haven't done the " it'll be out in 2 weeks " STALL TSB yet!

Imperial Pose

Winning Is A Habit
Established Member
Wow is that normal. Seems like alot
It does seem like a lot. I would certainly prefer less/zero defects.
However to me, these are minor items which do not compromise safety or performance.

The "pop" occurred only when making an inclined turn. In my DD routine, the only inclined turn I make is into my own driveway. It was a split-second sound like snapping your fingers. If I had not read about it on SVT, I would never have considered getting it fixed (bolt retorquing).

The wind-noise is not a major deal. I drive often with my windows down, and/or with my music loud. So it's rarely a factor. Since I was in for a dealer oil change, and knew their was a TSB, I asked them to check it. Since the noise was not fixed, I'll ask them to look at it again during my next oil change. If I have to, I think I could improvise a "garage mod" to fix it.

The rear defroster not working is not a big deal. I have yet to need to use it. I only discovered it while bored in traffic, I just pushed the botton, and noticed the LED was flickering. I have a garage kept car, and plan to drive the Cobra only sparingly during the ~ 2-3 months in MD where frost/snow may occur. If I get caught out in frost or snow, I'll scrape it off with a CC. At my next oil change appointment, I'll have them take a look at it.

My approach is to stay on top of minor stuff as they arise, and roll the visit in with regularly scheduled maintenance trips. If my dealer continues to fix the Micky Mouse stuff, I'll be happy. My main interests are enhancing the SOTP performance aspects of the car.
EDIT*
dude, sell the car already.
NFW! :bowdown: COBRA

Last edited:

eod guy

Established Member
does anyone have any info on this TSB:

03-8-3 APR 03 Engine - Oil Level Indicator Markings

Thanks

El Culebra

Established Member
POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS POS.

I hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelings Venom650R said it best not for a Ford.

:xpl:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
When I first got the Ford Service DVD, I thought that we had a lot of TSBs (16 at the time). That was until I looked up my other vehicle - the 2003 Expedition (It has 20). Out of curiosity, I looked at all the Ford vehicles and we have just a few more than average....

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I read somewhere that the Ford Focus sets the record for having the most recalls and tsb's of any Ford vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread