What Tune Would Recommend

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Would like to know what tune you guys would recommend.

I was thinking this past weekend trading in my 2011 5.0 for a Boss 302. After looking at it and thinking about it . Wife and I are deciding to keep 2011 and start getting go fast parts for it to keep up with boss 302 on the track.

I would need a safe tune for more power and torque above 3000 to 7000 and increase the throttle response. Also don't care to have a ghost cam in the track race tune in the street tune it wouldbe fun. Most tuner out there make great power but look more for drag strip and not road course. i'm not drag racing it. So would be driving the on the car track 60 to 80 minute total at full throttle and rack up 80 to 120 miles on each track day. In California highest rating gas beside race gas is 91 gas . So 91 gas it is. The car car will just K/N until someone get a legal CARB CAI, has 3.73, and hushpower mufflers.

I don't care running tune for street driving, stock power is good enough but would love having a tune with a ghost cam street tune once in awhile on the weekend.

Ford Racing tuner seem be the safest for track use . I don't mined buying a 2nd tuner from Bama or Lund for the just a street use Ghost Cam tune. It worth for me. The lopy idle brings back good memory back in the day. Useless to have a Ghost cam in the race tune because other cars I'm running with have large cams with direct exhaust. I can't hear my car when I'm chaseing them down.

Last edited:

pdonket

Established Member
With regard to the tune

Don't go Ford racing...yeah it's the most conservative, but it's too conservative particularly for the uses you're talking about. I'd suggest getting maybe a 3 pack of tunes from Bama because that way you can have a street ghost cam tune if that's your fancy, but also can have track tunes to switch out to. All for one price, that's the key.

I'd also say that the most important thing you should pick up for tracking your car is some new suspension parts. Namely maybe some Koni Yellows along with your choice of springs, also some sturdier strut mounts, and a strut tower brace. When you're using the car in the twisties it matters more how well your car can handle getting through the turns at speed rather than just upping the power through the roof.

Lastly if you track the car much, something to consider are some better front brakes along with maybe a CS front fascia with brake venting installed in place of the fog lights.

pohnjarker

Established Member
With regard to the tune

Don't go Ford racing...yeah it's the most conservative, but it's too conservative particularly for the uses you're talking about. I'd suggest getting maybe a 3 pack of tunes from Bama because that way you can have a street ghost cam tune if that's your fancy, but also can have track tunes to switch out to. All for one price, that's the key.

i agree with this, which is why i bought the Bama tune (comes in on Wednesday :rockon: ) also, buying the Bama tune gives you free tunes for life so any power adder you buy in the future, you can get a retune for free...

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Don't do anything yet. Bring the car to RET's Dyno Day on Saturday April 30th, get a baseline, [3 pulls with A/F, $ 45.00] and speak to Greg about your needs. He is a great Tuner, a stand up guy, and tunes with SCT

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
With regard to the tune

I'd also say that the most important thing you should pick up for tracking your car is some new suspension parts. Namely maybe some Koni Yellows along with your choice of springs, also some sturdier strut mounts, and a strut tower brace. When you're using the car in the twisties it matters more how well your car can handle getting through the turns at speed rather than just upping the power through the roof.

Lastly if you track the car much, something to consider are some better front brakes along with maybe a CS front fascia with brake venting installed in place of the fog lights.

Thanks for the help on the tune and on suspension. Suspension I have the part coming all ready . I did already order KONI sport like you said, steeda springs, camber plates, etc. No wattslink , maybe in the future. I hope have write up for everyone in few month on the improvements on the suspension and what it means on lap times. Brembo Brake are good maybe need some Hawk pads. Do have air vents scoops on it with the brembo did well under 137 mph braking lap after lap at willow springs raceway.

Don't do anything yet. Bring the car to RET's Dyno Day on Saturday April 30th, get a baseline, [3 pulls with A/F, $ 45.00] and speak to Greg about your needs. He is a great Tuner, a stand up guy, and tunes with SCT

Thank you. I will go to that event or call them up to set a an appointment for a dyno run. I do need to know what the baseline hp and see what there recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread