what type of camcorder do you use/have

Got Boost?

Established Member
just curious what everyone is filming their cars with. mainly because simply using a still image camera with a video function to capture the sound of my cam was a complete failure. curious what everyone reccomends as far as a cheap video camera that would be suitable for filming a loud car.

my car completely killed my Mic on my still image as soon as i turned it on...all you heard was blipping and the camera was even 35-40 feet away from the vehicle.

i see these videos posted online that are pretty clear and dont have an issue on sound with a 700hp cobra, what are they using?

what would you guys suggest for around or under $200?

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
I have a brand new Sony DVD camcorder that i can put a pro-duo stick in (thats how i film). I love it and it's super easy to use.. but it think it was around 350

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i have a Panasonic Pro AG-DVC30 has great resolution works very smoothly.

41P3MF01NML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

bubbrubb

Panasonic NV-GS300, quality camera for me so far. Bought it last year, its 3ccd and has optical image stabilization.

I've heard that 3ccd is worse for night recording, but I've managed to never really use it in low light. I've also heard that sony is the best for low light stuff. :shrug:

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
anything decent for $150 under that site? i dont really know what makes a vid camera good? or what it takes to catch loud sounds?

i have been using a few of their cameras for the past couple of years. i currently have the 6 mp one. not a bad camera for the price. i just bought it to post pics.

here is a sample of the video quality. it sucks for distance but up close its alright.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=wspcvl&s=3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread