What type of cams do i have?

JustASixer

Established Member
OK i just picked his up in a trade today with pi heads and intake and honestly i have zero idea wht they are he said comp stage 1 xe262ah but they seem alittle big and when i go to put them in my spare heads they don't fit? the front does but the back doesn't? does tht mean its a higher stage?? any help appreciated thanks.

10487463_682235421849283_7730534646048655329_n.jpg 10409721_682234645182694_8607273566974808035_n.jpg

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
The 262ah is a moderate cam for a street car, you will need new valve springs though. Are they going in a head swapped NPI block or an existing PI motor? I had them in my Tbird when I did my first PI motor swap to an explorer motor back in 2005. But, the cam barrel fractured, most likely due to it being out of Rockwell hardness spec and it killed my motor. Anyhow, the cams have a five degree advance ground in from the factory, so that will have to be addressed in tuning, it causes a bit of cylinder pumping at low rpm and hot starts were a bit of a bitch, but the idle sounded pretty good and the motor pulled past 5500 :)

JustASixer

Established Member
Yes Its going in my 98 gt pi swap and the springs have been changed well at least thts wht i was told they seem to stiff to be stock

SFLEcoboost

Established Member
Ok, so the compression will go to about 10.2:1 or so. You will have to degree them so there isn't any PTV. It's been a few years since I've played with 2v parts and there have been a lot of new parts to make life easier, but do make sure you degree them. I know Trickflow makes an adjustable cam gear to set for proper timing.

If the block is to of the car, I would go ahead and buy a new set of springs and put them in, provided you have the OTC tool, it's easy with the motor fully accessible. My only concern is whether or not the springs are the real McCoy

JustASixer

Established Member
Theyre going to be checked before the whole installation the motor is comming out for a full rebuild the way i see it if the motors out y not swap it? lmao but so far it looks like its going well thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread