What type of chip to get ....?

95 cobra vert

Established Member
I have a 94 cobra and am looking to put a chip in it. The car has a fair amount done to it and i was wondering where i should look fora good custom chip. I have heard of a few different kinds, such as the type that u take to a shop and they custom burn it there, or u can get one sent to you from diablo sport and what not. Just wonderin what all u have or what u would recomend. thanks

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
AutoLogic chips blow. Mine causes my car to not run in colder weather (below 40 degrees). I have to take it out around October to prevent me from getting stranded. Its a long story, but AutoLogic sucks. Its great in the summer though :)

94CobraPace

Established Member
What has been done to the car to make you want a chip? Surging? Cam? SC?
To get the most from a chip, it would be best to get it dyno tuned rather than an off the shelf chip. Another alternative is the FRPP extender or a programable tuner like a tweeker, pms, AEM.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
if you dont mind garrett as you arent on here much ill tell them what you have done

TFS 215cc heads
e303 cam
shorties
bassani x pipe with cats
custom dumps
mac cold air intake

I think thats it am I about right on that garrett?

Lee

Established Member
The best way to get a "chip" is to visit a tuner that has a dyno. That's the only way you'll get the chip to truly match your setup. Anything else is just a guess.

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
The best way to go is what is said above.

The best software and support out there right now is gonna be from superchips custom or diablo. I will not however say anything bad about autologic because and competent tuner can give you perfectly fine drivability and tuning will autologic.

FATAL4.6

Exhaust Driven
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraComander
I have a dyno tuned autologic and it is great! I have no problems what so ever. Runs like a champ.
Thanks for adding your success with autologic. I hate all the bad things going around about autologic. When people have problems with chips it is the tuner or the hardware on the car. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

I will however say that flasher like I have from SCT are the way to go on a 4.6 I have the SCT one but the diablo predators are supposed to be good too.

Thanks

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Diablosport for me. Once i get it dyno-tuned, the car should run flawlessly, however that remains to be seen. More to come....

Users who are viewing this thread