What type of shock/sturts/springs do you have?

WC_Racer

Established Member
Looking at buy somone shock/struts and just wondering what everyone has or has used and what you think of them. I currently have the Ford Racing K spring, but they are a bit too rough of a ride and I plan on getting Steeda Ultra-Light or Sport Springs. Has anyone used either and switched?

Plan on getting Steeda 2011 GT Non-Adjustable Shocks (Front & Rear). Anyone using running this set up?

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
Steeda Pro Action struts/shocks with FRPP K springs, not too bad a ride

Quickstang5o

Established Member
I run the steedas with k springs. Ride is a little harsh but I realy don't care. Handles great when aggressive tho. I've heard only good things about the koni's.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Steeda ultralights. Stock other wise. Rides a little stiffer than stock but I like it. Not unpleasant at all. No nose dive and handles pretty well for just springs.

zilla8

Established Member
I have the Koni STR.T/Eibach pro kit springs

nice ride with great handling.I also have MM caster camber plates and adjustable panhard bar.

Last edited:

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I will be going Steeda sport springs and Tokico D specs. The adjustability is priceless and you can tear up a drag strip on a Saturday and own a road course on a Sunday.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
I will be going Steeda sport springs and Tokico D specs. The adjustability is priceless and you can tear up a drag strip on a Saturday and own a road course on a Sunday.

i did this. its a pretty good ride. stiffer than before but feels more stable

WC_Racer

Established Member
Damn typo. Pretty good information. Looks like I'll be ordering a set of Koni and sport springs. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

psucobra

Established Member
Im running Steeda Sports with Tokico D-Spec and I love them. I tried the sports with Koni STR.T's and it was a little to hard of a ride. Love the adjustability of the D-Specs!

GrayGhost Dog

Established Member
Late to the party... and parts will not be installed until next month, but I went with Tokico D-Spec's('11+ fitment) to go with the Steeda Sport Springs and Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts('11+ fitment). Steeda's Bump Steer Kit, Front Adjustable Sway Bar, and Rear Adjustable Sway Bar are all to be installed at the same time. Other parts, such as Steeda's 3rd Link Mount/Adjustable Upper Control Arm/Billet Lower Control Arms/Panhard Bar and Brace, are presently installed. Hopefully, this set-up will show some noticeable improvements.

Also, why I had to go this route is because in the event that lowering the car proves to be an issue on these city streets, I would be forced to revert back to the stock springs and remove bump steer kit.

acrbill

Established Member
K springs on stock struts suck for about a month before the struts wears in. After that it gets better but is far from ideal. When I lower my new 2011 I will go the same route since I don't want to drop the coin on proper struts.

coolmac

Established Member
Did anyone find Koni Sports in stock lately?
I read been on back order for some time . . .

I like Steeda Sports with Koni Sports.

mcduffer7

Established Member
Koni STR's, FRPP P Springs, GT500 Strut Mounts---rides just about close to stock. Happy with this set-up and staying with it.

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
hey Cobra1718, did you have to do any modifications to the rest of the suspension? Was looking at the P springs and it says you have to use the Ford Racing strut mounts and dampers. did you have to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread